Indian Curry Log

Options
Hello
I eat a lot of Indian food and find it hard logging in all the ingredients. I would like to connect with people who love eating homemade Indian food and how they log meals here.
Please feel free to connect with me

Thank you
Karen

Replies

• tabithalobster
    tabithalobster Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi
    We’ve started using the Hairy Dieters recipes, which are actually very good, and the calorie count is included in the recipe - they have recipes for dhansak, bhuna, beef and coconut curry, korma etc. If I’m making a h/m curry, I usually triple the recipe, work out the calories per portion and freeze the extra and then it’s easy to log in future.

I’m currently trying to work out calorie counts because we’re off to our favourite Indian restaurant for dinner tonight - I’m going to make good choices but it’ll still blow the calorie budget! Never mind, it’s our once a week treat. Off for a walk to try and mitigate the damage.......
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I cook Indian food on a somewhat regular basis and I've never had trouble adding in ingredients to the recipe builder. What issues have you been having?
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »
    I cook Indian food on a somewhat regular basis and I've never had trouble adding in ingredients to the recipe builder. What issues have you been having?

OP said eat not cook. Suspect issue is not knowing exact ingredients. In which case, OP, you either ask and know or you don't know and nobody is psychic.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »

OP said eat not cook. Suspect issue is not knowing exact ingredients. In which case, OP, you either ask and know or you don't know and nobody is psychic.
    I see where you're coming from. I read it as "cook" because of the mention of ingredients and homemade Indian food.