Health and fitness

ashleygroizard
ashleygroizard Posts: 181 Member
How do I stay focused on health and fitness and stay active and watch what I eat for the rest of my life so I can lose weight and then maintain a healthy weight?

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    What does your health team suggest? In your shoes i'd absolutely ask them first.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    It’s about developing habits that then take the form of lifestyle. It just takes time, commitment then it becomes normalcy.
  • ChrisCatMama
    ChrisCatMama Posts: 1,038 Member
    Start with a plan: plan your workouts, plan your meals and stick with it. Even if you have to go slowly. Start with a 10 minute walk, or walking in place to some music. Increase that by 5 minutes a day (or every other day, whatever works for you).
    Same with meals. Plan them, look up alternatives to any junk food you’re weak on. Even if you have to cut back gradually.
    You can google free printable planners if you need to.
    Take it one day at a time and don’t get too hard on yourself if you mess up. Just pick yourself up and keep going after your goals.
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    I started just tracking my food everyday - did that for about s year but didn’t start working out til I added friends here and saw most of the logging workouts daily and it motivated- started working out about 5 weeks ago and it’s starting to become habit - good luck