Best tasting vegan protein powder

Please let me know your favorite vegan protein powder ( good tasting )...the ones that I have tried are not so good.
Thanks in advance

Replies

• melodyvegan
    melodyvegan Posts: 59 Member
    I really like Soylent Bridge. It's got 15 grams of protein so it's not as high as most powders, but for the few grams it lacks in protein it makes up for in taste and for that reason it's a little higher on the calories side at 180 calories per bottle. It's technically a meal replacer, a "bridge" to your next meal -- a snack. I find it keeps me pretty satieted in between meals or after a workout. The other Soylent products are pretty tasty too -- I like their coffee flavored beverage which has 20g protein. I've tried every vegan protein powder there is and have come to the conclusion that, like most powders, they're all going to taste a little chalky so I'd rather enjoy the beverage at slightly less protein than most powders, but still more than I might normally get out of a meal. That's not true for everyone though. For me it's about increasing protein for no other reason than to do just that, not to bulk necessarily. https://soylent.com/

The only other brands I could slightly tolerate are Plant Fusion's Cookies and Cream or Vega products but only if combined with a fruit smoothie.
  • superpowers2016
    superpowers2016 Posts: 76 Member
    Thank you for the detailed response.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    I think Orgain is pretty good. I can’t stand Vega. However, another option is to buy unflavored protein powder, such as pea or hemp, and mix it with anything you like.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    I like Orgain chocolate and Bob’s Red Mill Vanilla.
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    I like the vanilla Orgain. It's not too chalky or clumpy. I'm also a fan of the chocolate VeganSmart, but it is a bit harder to find.
  • CourtneyRC2019
    CourtneyRC2019 Posts: 1 Member
    Vegan chocolate shakeology
  • josieeef
    josieeef Posts: 2 Member
    My favorite is Blessed Protein. The Birthday Cake is the best flavor but this flavor is limited addition, so act soon. I HATE how all proteins taste, I just tolerate them bc they’re good for me. The Blessed Birthday Cake is actually really good! I enjoy my smoothies with this. I’ve also tried Blessed Chocolate Coconut (flavor is Okay) and Tone It Up Coconut. Tone It Up is alright but the amount you get for the money isn’t worth it. And it goes very quick because 1 scoop is only 15 g of protein, so I had to use two scoops.
  • shazza2005
    shazza2005 Posts: 1 Member
    I’ve tried quite a few but by far my favourite has been White Wolf vegan protein in Vanilla. The only vegan protein I’ve been able to drink with just some almond milk and I love it mixed in natural coconut yoghurt. It contains Acytl-L-Carintine too if you’re looking for added benefits. I’ve tried a sample of Blessed Protein in Caramel and that wasn’t bad but a little on the sweet side for me.
  • jwoolman5
    jwoolman5 Posts: 191 Member
    I like Lifetimes' Life's Basics Plant Protein, Unsweetened Vanilla. Based on rice protein, pea protein, hemp seed, and chia seed plus vanilla. The chia seems to give it a bit of sweetness even if made in water and also makes it possible to make some pudding from it... it does thicken quickly. I like to mix it with banana and cinnamon with or without a nondairy milk. Actually dry finely shredded coconut basically turns into coconut milk on the fly. A lot of reviews said it was the blend that made it work better than others in the line. Now there are many vegan protein powders with that same approach, just varying the seeds used. But many of them include the dreaded stevia as a sweetener, which I hate by itself (it's ok if real sugar or fruit juice drowns it out). I would rather get unsweetened and add a sweetener I can tolerate if needed.

If you are ok with soy, Shaklee has more protein powders nowadays to try. They are pricey but well put together. Their flavors have improved quite a bit over the years (at one time, they were my only choice because nondairy and egg-free was so hard to find). I really like their seasonal pumpkin spice and also their café latte flavors. I don't usually drink them but use them in dairy-free yoghurt or pudding. They also have a soy-free plant protein one but I haven't tried it. I think you can get their products online now without going though a distributor but am not sure. I am grandmothered in as a distributor for life (for my $12 one-time fee decades ago.... not so easy now!) but only sell occasionally to me, myself, and I. But the web site has some sort of Member status that looks distributor-free.

I tried the Vega protein powder a few years ago when it was on sale. It was good, but I had to be careful with it because it included chicory root extract. That stuff does not agree with my body beyond a certain threshold...
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited May 2019
    I've had them all and OWYN hands down is the absolute best! I also like Orgain and Vega though, but they aren't as good as the OWYN dark chocolate.