Should I focus on losing weight or dealing with my constipation/bloating issues?

Options
Following this post

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10741576/how-can-i-tell-if-i-am-getting-fat-or-constipated#latest

I can’t tell which one to focus one, if I pooped a lot then my weight will be 115-116lbs however if nothing came out then 117-118 and my tummy always gets 1 inch bigger and I fart all the time!

I really want to be 110lbs however my weight won’t drop idk why!

Now my food diary is public, so please tell me what I have been doing wrong and what should I focus on!

It is bad to trick myself like:nah, if I have great guts then I will be 112ish (unless if this is actually true)

Replies

• Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I didn't look at your diary, but I have a condition where I don't digest a lot of things properly, like whole grains, cruciferous vegetables, legumes... I have had Celiac ruled out by blood work, but I still get a lot of bloating and painful gas buildup. I just found a digestive enzyme today at CVS that I'm going to try. But there's also an eating program called low FODMAPs that is designed for folks who get a lot of bloating with healthy eating. You might want to Google and check that out.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    deal with health issues first. always.

that's a lot of tofu and ocra. you definitely need a more balanced diet based on the little bit i saw.

i agree this feels like there may an unhealthy relationship with your body/eating going on. I'd go back to your doctor to discuss the ongoing issue, mention how little you are eating daily, and maybe ask to talk to a registered dietician for help putting together a healthy meal plan.

you are massively under eating. that is not healthy. you are already WELL within a healthy weight for your height range. At most you can look at losing 0.5lb/a week. and you need to eat ALL the calories MFP suggests PLUS exercise calories. not under eat daily.