Need recipes!!!

Options
scarlettkaitpaul
scarlettkaitpaul Posts: 7 Member
I am a mom and I have a fiance who eats junk food out the ying yang. I still eat like a teenager myself (pizza amd tacos are my favorite) but I'm trying to get on the right path again since having my baby last summer. I seem to eat the same boring things every day for low calories. I have to make dinner seperate for my fiance but I would like some tasty recipes that even this junk food fanatic would love. Help a momma out!
Also feel free to add me! I could always use friends trying to get healthy like me.

Replies

• Daisy_Girl2019
    Daisy_Girl2019 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I love sharing recipes on my page, added you.
  • Jenna__XoXo
    Jenna__XoXo Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My husband also loves junk food and my daughter is super picky. One of our favorite dinners is to cook chicken in a pan with just a little olive oil add water rice and 3/4 can of cream of chicken to the pan after the chicken is finished. I add broccoli that I steamed in the microwave and melt cheese on top. It is super easy and very yummy. We also cook hamburger steak with bell peppers and onion with French fries cooked in the air fryer and a side of salad. Apple wood smoked bacon pork tenderloin with roasted vegetable medley.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
  • sophiecormack1984
    sophiecormack1984 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to see any recipes ideas ppl have as I am currently so uninspired.
  • leonard41704
    leonard41704 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    www.yummly.com
    I use the app to make it easier. There are unlimited healthy recipes on there. My wife and I only have to cook dinner 3-4 times a week now. My daughters are teenagers. They enjoy the food that we cook. Their friends love staying over for dinner too.
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Mmm - so methinks it is time to start thinking family food (when the babe is old enough you blend up his/her portion and gradually tranistion to eating it nonblended).

So; for my family that might mean

Quick Fish pie - fish pie frozen mix, defost and add beaten egg and seasoning - top wirh frozen mash potato nuggets. Pop im oven for 40 mins whilst you all cuddle baby. Add some (frozen) peas.

veggie spag bol - chop up onions, fry , add chopped carrots and peppers, add tinned tomatoes, herbs, lentils (and/or minced meat), seasoning. Bubble for 30 mins or so - time to cook spagettis pasta (c 15mins) and cuddle baby. Also blends up well.

cheat Meatballs - take your favourie burger (we like doing this with minted lamb) and chop into 4 or 6 portions. Fry up onion, add chopped burgers and brown all over, add timned tomatoes and herbs/seasinig, bubble for 30 mins - which gives plenty of time to cook some pasta (or rice).

Oven fish’n’chips: nothing fancy just breaded fish, sweet potato chips/fries and some frozen peas. All from the freezer section. Better than take out. A good transition to one day making the breaded fish a piece of salmon wrapped in foil with a slice of lemon popped in the oven with your chips.

We also make spare ribs at home - i buy ‘naked’ ribs and do my own sauce (much much nicer!). And homemade pizza (pile up the veg but go easy on the cheese or fatty pepperoni) and ‘bean mush wraps’ (refried beans in corn tortilla shells with rice and some veg in a herby tomato sauce) - ie texmex meal. Tonight it was roasted chiicken thighs with rice and veg (the best side was onions and fennel - yum!).

I suppose I am saying a lot of ‘traditional’ food is really noce, eaay to cook and not expensive - good family stuff. And a lot of take out food came from home cooking first and can made ‘healthier’ quite easily.

Hope some of these ideas help.
  • Tosmanta
    Tosmanta Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love sharing recipes on my page, added you.

Can you add me to your page
  • Joern1969
    Joern1969 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi can you add me to your page as well
  • rarias08
    rarias08 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    @Daisy_Girl2019 May you add me to you page as well.
  • Thirstygirl
    Thirstygirl Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I would love to be added. I love and need to recipes!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    why do you need to make meals separate from your fiance? (is it just because he eats junk food out the yin yang)
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Change the type of junk food in the cabinet-

1.Baked Cheetos (if you eat same amount as before your still shaving off 1/3rd or more calories from your diet this is how I’m doing it)
    2.Dreyers to popsicle brand fudge pops,juice pops,etc 15-70cal ones read labels Sugarfree is what you want.
    3. G Hughes BBQ sauce 10calories
    4. Walden Farms Chipotle Salas dressing 0cal
    5. Look at calories special K cereal 🥣 instead of frootloops
    6. Light yoplait yogurt my store only carries 2 flavors but it’s 90 cal vs normal 160cal so read labels to find them.
    7. Sugarfree name brand only jello y puddings
    8. Unsweetened Almond or cashew milk 🥛 25-30cal a glass
    9. 4oz meat 🥩,1 cup veggie,1 cup salad no cheese, y a low cal soup no salt 🧂 (look at labels 90cal y under that’s a filling Dinner you may not even finish.
    10. Cheese sandwich (low cal sliced cheese on 2 slices rye or wheat bread toast it in an air fryer 9minutes)
    11. Lowest cal but highest number chips allowed tortilla chips pop into airfryer or oven to warm y bake grease from factory out. Put it with your salad or meal or homemade guacamole 1 serving.
    12. Apple 🍎 sweet diced on a salad 🥗 to sweet tooth it up
    13. Trail mix or granola as a snack read label
    14. Baked toasty cheezits less cal than reg ones
    15. Search find what works for you crystal light teas to 1 low cal tortilla top with veggies grilled y 4oz meat for a filling meal.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Pizza 🍕 1 slice only limit watch the toppings to type of sauce

Starbucks has teas low cal to lower cal Frappuccino but a small as a treat no need for the grande with extra everything

Tacos- find lower cal options (Hispanic family size feel the pains) we found a street taco 🌮 1 that’s grilled chicken y veggies only take it home to drink with low cal teas or drinks .Serve with a salad to can of veggies. No extra tortillas! Or make the taco yourself but low cal tortillas to meats.

McDonald’s-$1 side salad,Low cal drink or water, look on this app or sign at calories can make a lower cal meal for $5 .

Google to search here if at Chili’s Restaurant to family outing at a fish house eat half of lowest cal options on menu take rest home eat for another meal later.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Gatorade zero- zero cal (Powerade failed tasted like Splenda)

Sweetnlow or sugar substitutes for some of the sugar or sweet fruits when making juice to baking

Pasta sauce Prego has low cal ones got to search through them

Low cal noodles look at them all they got lots of types from other countries to here. Watch portions add spinach to add bulk y limit cheese to a tiny sprinkle or low cal parmasean .Add tomatoes at end so their fresh not stewed don’t cook them

Fish low cal options look at labels some are very low cal can steam to bake or pan cook. If you have a steam cooker can make shrimp to crab meat.

Lots of vegan options to meat ones but read labels some use lots of salt to high calories yet claim to be diet or lower.

Example: 5 chips 90cal 🆚 36 chips 140cal
    One says diet 🆚 one that doesn’t .Yeah eat half the chips of the 36 option you get 19chips for 70cal so watch marketing ploys they get Hubby weekly lol 😂