Planks

Options
I'm attempting to record planks in my exercise record, but I'm unable to find it. Any suggestions.

Replies

• echmain3
    echmain3 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    You’re welcome.
  • magpye76
    magpye76 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Personally i dont bother trying to record planks, walks that come within my basic 10k steps, or the odd couple of sets of squat or lunges i do when i get the chance... your body will know about it even if you dont record it! 😁
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    If you are talking about in the exercise log to get calories for them, you can log them as "calisthenics"
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »
    If you are talking about in the exercise log to get calories for them, you can log them as "calisthenics"
    Yes but they’re not gonna have the same calorie burn as jumping jacks or similar which are also calisthenics. So it depends why OP wants to log them.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    If it's just planks (and not other more vigorous calisthenics), I'd probably log the time as something like yoga.
  • j9saunders
    j9saunders Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I use a plank workout app from Leap Fitness Group, which I really enjoy. Each workout is 7 minutes (30-75 sec per plank exercise in beginner mode). It calculates each workout at about 10 calories per minute. I am 56 years young... lol. Hope this helps.