What do you track in your food diary?

I currently track my calories, fat, sodium, sugar, fiber and potassium. It is amazing how much sodium and sugar I was eating.

Replies

• nocgirl72
    nocgirl72 Posts: 139 Member
    I track everything but pay little or no attention to sodium I don’t have a health reason to watch it
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    Mostly just calories and protein. Fat I am usually under, but sometimes I struggle getting enough protein so I try to keep an eye on it, especially since I am trying to maintain muscle. I've gotten much better at keeping protein levels high and now I really only struggle with getting enough carbs.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,547 Member
    Calories, Protein, Fiber, Sodium, saturated fat. The database has too many issues for me to consider the information about potassium and vitamins as reliable.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Calories and protein are the two things I’m mainly concerned with and I try to keep sodium at a reasonable level.
  • sparkyvenkman
    sparkyvenkman Posts: 115 Member
    I keep an eye on calories and protein, in addition to fat and carbs. I do watch everything else since I like to stay as close to the suggestions as I can without going over.
  • liz0269
    liz0269 Posts: 139 Member
    I monitor calories, protein, fat, and fiber. I eat HCLF so I need to make sure my fat is low enough. Protein I struggle to get enough. And I watch fiber instead of carbs to encourage me to eat whole grains instead of junk.
  • echmain3
    echmain3 Posts: 231 Member
    Calories.

• BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    Calories and protein, as long as I get enough protein I let the other macros fall however they may.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    When I do track, protein mainly, then sometimes calories.
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Calories, protein and fibre.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    I currently track my calories, fat, sodium, sugar, fiber and potassium. It is amazing how much sodium and sugar I was eating.

Don't bother tracking potassium. It's not required to be listed in nutrition labels, so it is vastly underreported in MFP database entries. The numbers you see on your diary are nowhere near accurate.
  • VioletRojo
    VioletRojo Posts: 596 Member
    When I was in weight-loss mode I logged everything that I consumed, but I only monitored calories and protein.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    When I read the title, I was going to say ... food? (Is this a koan?)

But now I see the thread, I'll play.

Calories, fiber, protein, fat, potassium, and iron. Except for calories, they're all things I'm tracking to make sure I get enough, rather than trying not to get too much. I mostly pay attention to the first three.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Calories, Carbs, Fat, Protein, Fiber, and Potassium.

I snack on salt so I don't want to track sodium. Plenty is barely enough.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Fiber and protein mostly (aside from the obvious calories) since those two things seem to influence my digestive system most.

I know my salt and sugar are way high but I don't need to care about that yet.