Options
RunsWithBees
RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
eeemwmbh4ae7.jpeg
300 days is how long it took me to lose 43 lbs and go from obese to a healthy weight and reverse the health conditions that I was experiencing as a direct result of being obese. IMHO the missing “secret ingredient” to losing weight is patience... using calorie counting as a weight loss tool consistently for long enough time periods. We need to start thinking in terms of hundreds of days instead of just a few weeks. It takes time to create new habits and time for the body to adapt. I had good days and I had bad days, I just made sure that the good days vastly outnumbered the bad. I estimate that I did stay within my calorie allowance about 80 percent of the time. Over the span of 10 months, or 300 days that means I was “good” on 240 days and was “bad” on about 60 days, or didn’t stay within my calories for about 6 days every month. In that time I replaced old habits with new ones and learned to love living an active lifestyle gradually without feeling too overwhelmed or restricted. It’s been working for me for over 5 years of maintenance and I’ve never felt in better shape in my life even though I’m now middle aged. If I can do it, anyone can. Just keep going and don’t give up after a short time, give it a hundred days... then if necessary, give it a hundred more, and so on and so forth. Prepare for glory! :)
33wkf0mqam4t.jpeg
81dx81vz4do4.jpeg
dfgfoj53kdlp.jpeg
x3k96ywnzmbx.jpeg

Replies

• funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job!
  • Silent_Soliloquy
    Silent_Soliloquy Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    You already know how impressed i am by you.

You are ... statistically rare. And i mean that from the bottom of my brain.
  • jeffrey_ad
    jeffrey_ad Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Great inspiration!
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Inspiring
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Awesome...great work!
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Congratulations, every day is a celebration but certainly milestone days are days for extra celebration.

Bask in your sunshine and today while continuing to march forward.
  • echmain3
    echmain3 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Fantastic success story.

Wish I could give you more than 1 Like.
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Congrats, amazing work!!
  • maronesax1972
    maronesax1972 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    As you know, I think your success in fitness and taking back your health is friggin awesome. Glad to be part of your journey now. Keep on keeping on...Mrs Barefoot Beast!
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB SOLDIER!!!
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    nwae2dzctef8.jpeg
    Bumping with a pic from Monday’s trail run :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!