GRAMS EACH???

Options
How many grams (in general) should your daily consumption be of FAT? Carbs? Sugar?
TIA

Replies

• echmain3
    echmain3 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    There is no single rule.

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    Plug in your Goals, and it will figure it for you.

Here's a macro explanation:

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/ask-the-dietitian-whats-the-best-carb-protein-and-fat-breakdown-for-weight-loss/
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    If you do not have specific goals that dictate otherwise, the default macros in MFP usually work fine for most people.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    Since I would have to pay to set my goals in Grams, I just get close by using the percentages settings. Close enough is good enough. Fats are minimum goals to hit or exceed, not to "stay under."
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Depends on the person, their weight goals, any medical conditions, their exercise, their age perhaps, their food preferences...…
    And it may well vary daily (50g of sugar an hour while cycling for multiple hours wouldn't be appropriate for when I'm not as an example).

Maybe you should give some context and reasoning behind why you are asking?

PS - Protein is very sad at being left out of your question! :neutral:
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I used the MFP defaults for a long time, and looked at protein fat and fiber as minimums to meet or exceed. After awhile I realized that days I got a bit extra protein I was less hungry so I took 5% away from carbs and added it to protein. Regardless, I only use them as a rough guide, I don't stress over hitting macros every day.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    For fat grams, what I have read suggests minimum of .3 to .4 g of fat per pound of goal weight to ensure enough fat to maintain health. Your mileage may vary.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Bowen5575 wrote: »
    How many grams (in general) should your daily consumption be of FAT? Carbs? Sugar?
    TIA

There is no universally optimal macro ratio...very individual...there is no "should" There are minimums for proper health and nutrition...ie dietary fat is a very essential nutrient, as is protein. Not getting enough will make you sick.