Looking for some mutual support.

Hey guys,

I have been on this app for a couple of years but I usually get bored and stop logging on after a couple of weeks. I am trying a different approach by actively posting on my page. I’m looking for friends that are active so that I may be encoured and help encourage.

My long time goal is to lose 50 lbs before my wedding.
My short term is getting under 200lbs.

Add me if you are looking for support!!

Replies

• Lina_workout
    Lina_workout Posts: 11 Member
    Hello hello! I’m super active :) it helps me stay on track. Let’s do this together!
  • MamaBear517
    MamaBear517 Posts: 24 Member
    Hey! Those are great goals. I’m looking for some more active friends. I’m 25 pounds into a 100 pound goal, and sadly, most of my friend list has gone silent. I’ll add you.
  • bookstitch
    bookstitch Posts: 86 Member
    Hey!
    I'd love to be friends and help reach our goals! I am getting married in March 2020 and would like to loose 30 lbs by then. Strangely enough, loosing 2lbs a month will result in a 30lb loss in a year!
    I'm also always available via email or text to help motivate and support each other! I'll friend you :)
  • jljshoe1979
    jljshoe1979 Posts: 325 Member
    Hi, I am actually trying the same approach this time as you are. I've been on/off MFP for a while, and the one thing I've not done much of is reach out and build a support network here. Please add me - maybe we can be good supports for each other. I haven't really started defining my goals yet, just started logging my food/ weight /water yesterday. :)
  • laurieldl08
    laurieldl08 Posts: 28 Member
    bookstitch wrote: »
    Hey!
    I'd love to be friends and help reach our goals! I am getting married in March 2020 and would like to loose 30 lbs by then. Strangely enough, loosing 2lbs a month will result in a 30lb loss in a year!
    I'm also always available via email or text to help motivate and support each other! I'll friend you :)

My wedding date is October 2020
    Have you started looking at dresses? I have this irrational fear that none of the dresses will look good on me.
  • biggjenn
    biggjenn Posts: 58 Member
    I sent requests, I'm here to support!
  • annairene9200
    annairene9200 Posts: 5 Member
    We can support each other! I’m active and currently doing a challenge with friends! Feel free to add me.
    P.s congrats on the engagement you will find a dress that looks beautiful don’t worry!
  • bookstitch
    bookstitch Posts: 86 Member
    Hi, I am actually trying the same approach this time as you are. I've been on/off MFP for a while, and the one thing I've not done much of is reach out and build a support network here. Please add me - maybe we can be good supports for each other. I haven't really started defining my goals yet, just started logging my food/ weight /water yesterday. :)
    bookstitch wrote: »
    Hey!

My wedding date is October 2020
    Have you started looking at dresses? I have this irrational fear that none of the dresses will look good on me.

I had the SAME FEAR!! So I went out this past March to 'get this baby beluga body in a dress and see what needs to be helped' and honestly...it was the BEST experience! Since you fill out information prior, they have dresses ready for you and things FIT!! Sure, there were some that were a bit snug but there were so many that fit nicely, or were too big that I was like 'weeelp...that isn't going past my hips!' and was in good spirits. I even found my dress!!!!!! And I love how I look in it.

But I was so nervous. But sometimes fear can be a good thing, and now I know what I want to work on and I have pictures of myself in my dress as motivation. I would suggest going and having a great support system. I had my mom with me, which was questionable judgement as she has been a constant negative voice about my weight - although she thought she was being helpful - but she was perfect for it. Plus, the sales assistant should also know what works for you body. And one of the dresses had something called Power Mesh. Find it. Love it. Thank me later :)
  • losinginnursingschool
    losinginnursingschool Posts: 10 Member
    Sending you a request. I lost a little for my wedding and gained it all back and then some 😵