Losing Weight With ab Eating Disorder History

Options
I’ve struggled with body image issues and eating disorders since I was 13. My psych meds make me gain weight uncontrollably and now I need to lose weight. My doctor lowered my dose in an attempt to help, but it hasn’t. I’m used to using certain things to lose weight fast but I don’t want to fall into old habits. Does anyone have any advice? Also, please friend request me. I’m looking for as many friends as I can get for support.

Replies

• Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    I don't have any experience with this, although I am sorry that you do! The only advice I have is maybe seek the advice of a registered dietician and maybe start some exercise if you haven't already. I do wish you all the best!! <3
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I struggled with eating disorders (mainly anorexic and bulimic tendencies) on and off for about 5 or 6 years. While the goal was to lose weight, these unhealthy habits ended up making me gain nearly 60 lbs.
    It has been a bit of a struggle, but I've managed to lose 55 lbs and have been recovered from my ED for a little over a year now. I think the main key for me was to be patient with myself and to take it slow. Don't weigh yourself more than once every week or so, and be gentle with yourself. For this to be healthy, mentally and physically, it NEEDS to come off slowly.