Phentermine Users...

Any advice or best practices? Got prescribed the 37.5 dose and have a LOT to lose. I’d appreciate any pointers.

Thanks!

Replies

• springsweet
    springsweet Posts: 184 Member
    I used it years ago. Lost some weight. But be careful, it's basically speed.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Do not drink alcohol on it. If you know you're going to drink (more than a couple drinks) don't take it that day.
  • BluEyedDeviant
    BluEyedDeviant Posts: 27 Member
    I've been on it for awhile. Over 60 lbs lost.... but it really is just like using speed and some nights it will keep you up. It's a good way to start a healthy lifestyle however some days it's very hard to eat even a little or even drink so I get dehydrated a lot. Good luck! Add me if you want :)
  • 1991court
    1991court Posts: 230 Member
    Wake up early and take it with a full glass of water. LIKE EARLY!! I took it one day at 9am and didn't fall asleep to like 1am. Wait 30mins to eat, when you start taking this start trying to eat better too. Cut out caffeine trust me, you won't need it lol. It can cause jitters.

Ive been on it for almost 1 month, I'm at 15.6lbs down. It's helpful but just take it early in the morning.
  • bhlavac5560
    bhlavac5560 Posts: 13 Member
    I have taken it in the past with close input from my doctor and he explained it like training wheels. The dry mouth side effect helps you get your water intake to a healthy level, and helps your brain to make good choices until your stomach doesn’t crave the bad choices. He has me take it every other day for 60 days and then not not take any for 60 days because of its addictive potential. If I can lose, or maintain, in my time off then we do another round. Just remember to take early in the day, and that you still have to eat, because you could go all day without hunger pains. Nobody should feel bad about getting a little help, no matter where it comes from. I’ve found it to be an incredible detox aid from emotional and stress eating. Good luck on all your journeys!
  • sabrina3569
    sabrina3569 Posts: 2 Member
    Hey, How did you get this prescribed?
  • bhlavac5560
    bhlavac5560 Posts: 13 Member
    I went to my doctor. My GP also specializes in weight loss. I explained that I wanted to be healthier, and I needed help from a professional. I was out of control and didn’t know how to start, and that I felt like an addict. I couldn’t stop, even though I knew it was wrong. I was lucky that he was able to prescribe to help me get started, along with a nutritional plan that wouldn’t be a “diet” but a sustainable new way of life. I would start by asking your regular GP, and if they won’t, as for a referral to someone who specializes. It depends on what you have to lose also. I’ve found that for smaller amounts of weight, they’re reluctant to prescribe medicine. I had/have a long journey ahead and I made it clear I was ready to do the work, but needed help. I hope this helps. Good luck!
  • Miss_Snow_White
    Miss_Snow_White Posts: 64 Member
    I took it between breakfast and lunch so I didn't take it on an empty stomach (I have some stomach issues though, it would shoot right through me if I took it on an empty stomach) but not a full stomach either ( doesn't work the same if you take it on a full stomach) but your body chemistry may vary. I lost 38 lbs with it but then it stopped working for me and I didn't want to do an increased dose. So right now I'm struggling to lose more on my own. It did help me learn portion control and develope better eating habits. I have a desk job and would stress eat at my desk all day. So I am no longer gaining or losing weight. It did not quite get me to my goal but I wouldn't be where I am without it either!
  • jbruno108
    jbruno108 Posts: 1 Member
    Does anyone have a cup of coffee, take phentermine and then eat an hour or so later? Been doing for a few weeks and seeing results. But don’t want having a lighter cup of coffee before I take the pill to hinder more weight loss!!
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    edited September 2019
    I took it years ago. It affected my sleep, gave me chest pains and caused nausea and vomiting - like the have to pull off the side of the road while driving kind of sickness. But everyone is different! If you're doing it under a doctor's care, I think that's wise. I did lose weight, but you can't stay on it forever and when I stopped taking it, I gained it all back plus 10 pounds...