New MFP old guy, 61 years, looking for -61 lbs!

:smile:

Finally faced the fact that I need help, advice, and weight-loss friends, so I saw my Dr, a great friend, and he put me on a great program. I've given up all alcohol, have immersed myself in this effort for 8 days, and I finally feel like this 40+ year dream can really come true. Advance Thank you's to MFP and friends for any help and encouragement.

Replies

• krisDanielle16
    krisDanielle16 Posts: 42 Member
    Hey!
    Welcome to MFP,
    Your story is inspiring!
    I'm motivated by the fact that you got up and realized everything on your own and made the decision to stop drinking, that probably wasn't easy. Keep up the good work! If you ever need support or someone to talk to shoot me a friend request and I'll be happy to help in the best way that I can!
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    As you can see from my ticker, 61 lbs is very do-able, I am 70, so age is not a bar, and I do like my pint/s so booze is factored in to calorie count, no need to cut things out, just limit amount & count them in daily calories

Add me if you wish
  • Sarahloulalou
    Sarahloulalou Posts: 60 Member
    Hello there

Just wanted to say good luck to you xxx
  • GBRhusker
    GBRhusker Posts: 32 Member
    Thanks, KD! Appreciate your kind words and support!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Welcome!! I wish you all the success in the world. I know you can do it.
  • GBRhusker
    GBRhusker Posts: 32 Member
    And thanks to all, of course...really don't understand the mechanics of the blog! :) BTW, I haven't lost 11 lbs, only 7. My initial weightwas entered from a different scale from the "official" one. Thanks again.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Enjoy your new life with the new you!