Keto diet

Options
I am thinking of doing the keto diet for a few weeks. Is it a diet that I can do for 30 days and then go back to eating carbs after? Would I gain all the weight back if I start back eating carbs? I’ve seen people lose 20 pounds in a month from keto and I want in!

Replies

• saresimsr36
    saresimsr36 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    If you aren't careful, you gain back fast. I would suggest if you only want to do it 30 days, look into WHOLE30. With that, you reintroduce carbs and dairy after the 30 days are up in a healthy and gradual way.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    what do you hope to accomplish by doing keto for only one month? and why only one month?

you can lose weight without doing keto.
    not everyone who does keto loses 20lbs in a few weeks.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    If you do keto for a few weeks the majority of your weight loss would be water, which you will regain as soon as you started eating carbs again. The only way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you consume. You do not need a fad diet to do that. Some find keto great and something they can stick with long term as the higher fat keeps them fuller for longer, making it easier to eat at a deficit.

The best way for you to lose weight is to find out what works FOR YOU. It is very individual. What foods do you enjoy eating? What types of foods keep you filling fuller for longer? Are you the sort of person who copes better allowing a small amount of all foods into your diet to avoid binging, or are you better off eliminating some foods as you can not stop at a small handful? Do you find it better to eat a few large meals within a small time frame, or are you better with smaller, more frequent meals? I am sure there are many different variables that I can't think of but the main point is to find the most sustainable way of eating that you can stick with long term. You don't need diets with fancy names. You don't need diets that eliminate certain foods (medical conditions excluded). Otherwise, you will be in that yoyo dieting cycle that most of us get caught up in.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,509 Member
    Options
    I am a keto'er .....my main reason doing it this time around is to reverse type II diabetes and lose weight....I also do IF (fasting 16:8...which means I don't eat after 8pm and I have my 1st meal at noon)...carbs are not the culprit....All you need is a calorie deficient .....By the way I have lost 18 lbs since March and I still have over 100 lbs to lose....Good luck OP