Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What do u eat for breakfast?

I've been eating Life cereal with almond milk but it takes up most of my sugar for the day. What would be a good alternative besides egg whites? I don't do well with eggs.

Replies

• wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Oatmeal or steel cut oats.
  • Utefan121
    Utefan121 Posts: 2 Member
    First off, I use to hate breakfast and I would eat my first meal of the day at 1:00 p.m. It was a horrible diet. I started doing T25 and I purchased the Shakeology. (I'm not a "coach" or a salesperson.) I drink the Shakeology for breakfast and sometimes I drink it for my afternoon snack. I buy the chocolate and I truly like the flavor. Plus, I'm lazy and not a morning person - so mixing up Shakeology first thing in the morning is perfect. I mix it with unsweetened almond milk.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Oatmeal with whole wheat toast and coffee or Whole wheat bagel with light butter and strawberry cream cheese and coffee.
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Usually 2 eggs with a piece of sourdough toast or a turkey sausage/egg/cheese breakfast burrito
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Egg white whole wheat muffin with a cheese slice usually.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    First off, I use to hate breakfast and I would eat my first meal of the day at 1:00 p.m. It was a horrible diet. I started doing T25 and I purchased the Shakeology. (I'm not a "coach" or a salesperson.) I drink the Shakeology for breakfast and sometimes I drink it for my afternoon snack. I buy the chocolate and I truly like the flavor. Plus, I'm lazy and not a morning person - so mixing up Shakeology first thing in the morning is perfect. I mix it with unsweetened almond milk.

Shakeology is great but it's also super expensive. I work out in the AM, so I'll have a banana and a protein shake. If you want more than just protein, try a full meal replacement shake - Met-RX and EAS had good ones... not sure if they're still available though.
  • kbeardmore22
    kbeardmore22 Posts: 283 Member
    I usually eat Quaker oatmeal or Steel cut oatmeal. They are very filling and you can add in what you like, whether it be fruit or honey or nuts...etc. I also sometimes eat a piece of toast w/ almond butter and then have cottage cheese w/ fruit as a side. Just depends but I agree w/ you the sugar in most cereals is unbelievable!
  • Kalepa
    Kalepa Posts: 4
    This morning I had slim-fast with water and about 1/2 tsp of dried bouillon grave for a total of about 120 calories. Quite filling as I drink it in about a two pint container. I just started added a salty mixture to the slim-fast and it really improves my enjoyment of it. Before it was too sweet for my taste, but a little salt seems to greatly improve my satiety with this stuff.

Yours,

Caleb
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    There is no reason why breakfast has to be traditional breakfast foods. One of my favorites is deli ham or turkey, cheese and avocado with crackers. I also like toast with peanut butter and banana. Greek yogurt with fresh berries and a teaspoon of honey (get the full fat greek yogurt and you won't miss the sugar). You can also add nuts.
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Awesome! I like the oatmeal idea except I add tons of sugar & butter to mine... Is there something else that could be added for taste? I don't like plain oatmeal.
  • rich347
    rich347 Posts: 508 Member
    Cherry Swisher with a side of Bo-Jangle juice extra Jangle
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Awesome! I like the oatmeal idea except I add tons of sugar & butter to mine... Is there something else that could be added for taste? I don't like plain oatmeal.

Truvia, agave syrup, honey, cinnamon, cayanne pepper (speeds up metabolism), or anything else you can think up!
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member

Honey, cinnamon, fruit, vanilla extract.
  • johe28
    johe28 Posts: 108 Member
    You could probably add some honey to sweeten things up. I also like to eat plain yogurt with some granola and fresh fruit mixed in.
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    depending on how much time i have before work ill have a "light" yogurt, or a smoothie or protein shake. i really like to make a protein fruit smoothie shake type thing. it keeps me fully and happy til lunch, i dont get tired mid work morning, and i normally through in lots of spinach and wheat grass as well.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    A giant sammich with potato chips.

Eta: no healthy suggestions for substitutes. I eat everything.
  • alipene
    alipene Posts: 945 Member
    Swiss style muesli with added walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and linseed, with hot skimmed milk - about 300 calories. I have the same every day and love it :bigsmile:
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    This morning I had slim-fast with water and about 1/2 tsp of dried bouillon grave for a total of about 120 calories. Quite filling as I drink it in about a two pint container. I just started added a salty mixture to the slim-fast and it really improves my enjoyment of it. Before it was too sweet for my taste, but a little salt seems to greatly improve my satiety with this stuff.

Yours,

Caleb

I used 2 do the whole slim fast thing. Do u know what the sugar content is? Is it better than cereal?
  • ajmathes
    ajmathes Posts: 4 Member
    Usually whatever is in the fridge! Today I had half a tomato and a chicken thigh (cold - leftover from yesterday's dinner). Yesterday I had a bowl of blackberries with cream, and at the weekend I do bacon and eggs. Eggs feature a lot usually.
  • Utefan121
    Utefan121 Posts: 2 Member
    Agreed. Shakeology is expensive and kind of difficult to order. A protein shake mixed with spinach and berries worked for me also.