Is this a weight loss plateau?

Options
These past two weeks I've been struggling to lose any weight. I've even gained a small bit. Two weeks ago I was 74.4kg and now I'm 74.7. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. These five weeks I've been consistent and haven't binged at all apart from one controlled cheat day! I used to binge eat a lot and yoyo with my weight. I'm still overweight, my BMI is 25.5 so my body should be losing weight.

I go to the gym 3 or 4 times a week and do weights and hard cardio workouts. Plus I have an active job and spend at least an hour running around with kids each day. I try to walk as much as I can or I take my scooter. I eat between 1600-1800 calories a day. I count my calories diligently.

I'm really upset as I've not been binging and am eating healthy and working out consistently. My mum says that I shouldn't worry and I've lost loads of weight but I'm not satisfied.

I've had plateaus in the past. I remember a few years ago I reached a plateau at 72kg and it took me weeks to start losing again and funny enough I started losing when I went through a period of binge eating. Why am I going through a plateau at a higher weight?

Replies

• lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is a slow game. Some weeks you will lose more and some weeks you will lose less or just nothing. You just really gotta have a lot of patience and like said above adjust your expectations.