Went a little crazy today, open my diary and help me out!

Options
This is my first week with mfp and I have done pretty good all week remaining in a deficit until today. I’ve lost 4lbs for the week. My question is, am I still ok with my deficit even though I’ve gone over today? I knew I probably would go over some today so I’m not beating myself up over it or anything, just want to see where I stand with the weight I’ve lost vs a sudden gain back? Diary is open feel free to look around.

Replies

• alung2k3
    alung2k3 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi Erin,

Looks like your diary is still set to private as I can't take a look.

You've made a good start. Don't feel too hard done by. Think of it as a long term goal rather than day by day. In the grand scheme of things, going over a little won't have much of a consequence.

I would say just carry on as you are now and forget about it.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    What are your stats and what did you tell MFP that you wanted to lose each week?

If anything you have not eaten enough food this week.

I suggest reading this:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

ETA: Some of the weight you have lost this week is water weight. It will come back at some point but that is not the weight you should care about.

• Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    You've wiped out some of your deficit for the week, and while you might be tempted to skip eating for the rest of the day, if you are hungry then eat, and record that in your diary. If you are logging accurately, you may not have lost much actual fat this week, but you won't have put any on, either, although your scale weight will jump thanks to sodium and food mass being processed in your gut.
  • ErinWard1986
    ErinWard1986 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    What are your stats and what did you tell MFP that you wanted to lose each week?

If anything you have not eaten enough food this week.

I suggest reading this:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

ETA: Some of the weight you have lost this week is water weight. It will come back at some point but that is not the weight you should care about.

I put in mfp to lose 2lb per week, lightly active...maybe a should have chosen sedentary I’m not sure...before last week I never worked out. I walk a lot at my job, but only work 3 days per week.

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    At 2 pounds a week your daily deficit is 1000 calories. This means as long as you don't go over by more than 1000 calories you are losing weight. This assumes you calorie goal is accurate and you won't really know that for about 6 more weeks when you determine your rate of loss.

What you need to be doing right now is making sure you are logging accurately which I believe requires a food scale.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10012907/logging-accuracy-consistency-and-youre-probably-eating-more-than-you-think/p1

Logging accurately will help you when you do your math to see if your calorie goal needs adjusting.

You should be eating at least half of your exercise calories back and not falling too far below your daily goal. If you do eat below your goal by more than 100 calories or so you should consider those calories banked and try to eat them later. Some people will save banked calories to have more food on the weekend which is something I do.