Cant seem to lose weight

Options
melodychuuu
melodychuuu Posts: 1 Member
Hey guys, im having trouble losing weight, im 5’6 132lbs and 25, im trying to get to back to 120lbs (was this weight in october) but i have been stuck at 130-138lbs since January. I have cut out snacking, exercising atleast 2hrs a day doing cardio and pilates. I have even tried eating less, aprox 700-900cals a day but nothing is working.... why! Can someone explain to me please thanks you!

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,066 Member
    Options
    Since you have so little to lose it will take a little bit of time...what is your weight loss rate set at? You should set it at .5 a week....eating so little will not help...What did MFP set your calories at? Eat those + your exercise calories(most eat 1/2 of them since MFP over etimates...I hope you figure it out ...Good Luck :)
  • psucato
    psucato Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    it may depend on what your are eating i know if i go over about 50 carbs a day i cant drop lbs but when i can keep them around 25 i can lose a lot fast
  • travisperriman
    travisperriman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sometimes ignoring the scales is for the best. Maybe try to go off of the way you look and feel. Then go off the way your clothes fit. Age old reminder, muscle weighs more than fat. So if you gain weight but your clothes fit better and you get more tone, then I count that as a win. Keep up the good work!
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    DO NO undereat. not giving your body enough fuel and nutrition to function is not healthy or safe.

1 - if you increased exercise your muscles may be holding on to water temporarily masking weight loss
    2 - with only 12 or so pound sto lose, it is recommended to select and opt for a 0.5lb/week loss max to avoid eating at muscles (there is not enough fat reserves to lose more fat faster).
    3 - use a food scale for all foods. with slow loss one needs to be VERY accurate in calculating calories in.
    4 - put in your stats in MFP, select a 0.5 rate of loss. eat ALL those calories. Then eat the exercise calories.
    5 - get and use a weight trending app. day to day and week to week natural water fluctuations in our body will mask weight loss at this slow rate. a trending app will show we are trending down even when the day to day numbers don't seem to say that.