Salad dressing

Options
What is your favorite lower calorie salad dressing? I’m trying to get ideas for when I do my grocery shopping. My ranch that I’m currently using is about 150 calories...trying to save calories here.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,055 Member
    Options
    I make my own, usually vinegar plus seasonings, but occasionally I'll make a yogurt-based dressing, top a salad with cottage cheese, or use salsa. I dislike having the same dressing salad after salad, and since I live alone, using up a whole bottle of commercial dressing takes way too long and bores the bejeepers out of me long before it's gone.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    i use bolthouse ranch its in the cooler in the produce section. its either 35 or 45 i dont remember offhand and it tastes the same to me. i like the ceasar and the salsa ranch as well.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms Ranch is pretty decent - made with buttermilk & yogurt - about 45 calories for 30 g (2 TBS). Their blue cheese is also ok.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I like to make my own mint dressing. Tablespoon of olive oil, freshly chopped mint and vinegar.
    I also like Tesco Lemon and Black pepper. Otherwise it is just salad cream or mayo.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Cucumber Ranch and the italian.
  • cheyeneinthesprings
    cheyeneinthesprings Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Ok I’m going to look for bolthouse...
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Just bought some ranch seasoning mix. Instructions say mix with buttermilk, sour cream, yogurt or mixture. I plan to play around with it. Going to try skim milk with a little bit of vinegar first.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe’s Champagne Style Vinaigrette. 60 cals for 2 Tbsp.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    I've always made my own. I like vinaigrettes so to save cals I just use less olive oil. A good super low cal option is red wine vinegar plus a tasty mustard (I like spicy brown ones, but dijon is fine too). A spicy option is soy sauce + sriracha and some lime juice.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I am in the "make my own" group too. Lately mine have all been vinegar based but I have done yogurt based and a few that were mostly pureed vegetables that I thickened with xanthan gum.
  • 7ElizabethAnn7
    7ElizabethAnn7 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    A drizzle of high quality flavored balsamic vinegar. I favor fig or pomegranate.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Raspberry vinaigrette made with frozen raspberries, 1/4 cup of sugar free raspberry jam, oil of choice, raspberry vinegar.
  • zeejane4
    zeejane4 Posts: 230 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    My go-to's used to be Kraft fat free Italian dressing and low fat Catalina.

I make my own now though, thanks to someone sharing an awesome recipe here :)

3 parts salsa, (I love Garden Fresh Gourmet Sweet Onion salsa), with 2 parts full fat sour cream and then I also add 1/2-1 tsp of taco seasoning. Mix together and refrigerate. Tastes great with all sorts of salad combinations and also as a sandwich condiment, on vegetables etc.

https://www.gardenfreshgourmet.com/products/4/sweet-onion-salsa
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Newman's Own raspberry walnut vinaigrette.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Opa and Bolthouse, or just vinegar (red wine or apple cider) plus herbs and a pinch of Himalayan salt.
  • mrshadsall
    mrshadsall Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Skinny Girl Rasberry Vinaigrette! Five Calories per serving (2 Tbs.) And delicious!
  • deetails26
    deetails26 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Light Olive Garden Italian dressing! its 30 cals per serving
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    mrshadsall wrote: »
    Skinny Girl Rasberry Vinaigrette! Five Calories per serving (2 Tbs.) And delicious!

That's my favorite too! I was just coming here to post that. Only 5 calories per serving is a beautiful thing. I use 4 tablespoons worth for only 10 calories....can't beat that! And it's delicious.

https://www.skinnygirldressings.com/products/skinnygirl-raspberry-vinaigrette-salad-dressing/
  • cheyeneinthesprings
    Options
    zeejane4 wrote: »
    My go-to's used to be Kraft fat free Italian dressing and low fat Catalina.

I make my own now though, thanks to someone sharing an awesome recipe here :)

3 parts salsa, (I love Garden Fresh Gourmet Sweet Onion salsa), with 2 parts full fat sour cream and then I also add 1/2-1 tsp of taco seasoning. Mix together and refrigerate. Tastes great with all sorts of salad combinations and also as a sandwich condiment, on vegetables etc.

https://www.gardenfreshgourmet.com/products/4/sweet-onion-salsa

OMG that sounds so good!
  • cheyeneinthesprings
    Options
    dlboyle26 wrote: »
    Light Olive Garden Italian dressing! its 30 cals per serving

Oh yes, I've tried this and forgot about it. It IS good!