Motivation help

Hi my name is Trisha. Ive been on here for a while and i have met my first small goal. However im having trouble keeping the motivation going to continue to my next goal. I had my babygirl 10 months ago and am now to prebaby weight but to get down anymore would put me smaller than i have ever been and for me that scares me. I could use some support and motivation help

Replies

• bionicpuffy
    bionicpuffy Posts: 93 Member
    Good work on getting that 1st goal! I’d love a motivation partner. I just had baby #2 6 weeks ago and I’m looking to get back to pre baby and the pre-baby #1 weight. Go ahead and add me!
  • Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    I always seems to struggle once I start knocking out my goals. It is like I use it as justification for "cheats". "Oh I have lost 40lbs so I can have this cake because I earned it". I am 46 lbs and hope to hit 50 before the end of the month. Feel free to add me.
  • tturner0824
    tturner0824 Posts: 14 Member
    Jamie2663 wrote: »
    I always seems to struggle once I start knocking out my goals. It is like I use it as justification for "cheats". "Oh I have lost 40lbs so I can have this cake because I earned it". I am 46 lbs and hope to hit 50 before the end of the month. Feel free to add me.

Thats exactly how i feel. Its like oh i lost the weight now i can let up a little bit. And i have to break that mentality
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    Jamie2663 wrote: »

Congratulations on your loss so far.

I think the problem in this particular case is the mentality is that you think you can't have the cake. You can have the cake as part of a balanced diet, if it fits your calorie and macro goals - obviously eating a massive cake in one sitting would be a bad idea (though again it's the big picture that counts and even doing that will perhaps set you back 1lb) but having a treat now and then should be part of the plan. You need to include the foods you enjoy throughout the process of losing weight, so you know how to moderate them when you come to Maintenance, unless you plan to never eat them again and you can (and should) actually let up a bit, because as you get closer to goal you should be reducing your rate of loss.