Starting this lifestyle

Options
88anali
88anali Posts: 3 Member
I’m already vegan, but with stress I’ve gained a bit of fat. Decreasing calories has not worked for me. It’s had quite the opposite effect. I am excited to be starting my new training and macro program to gain lean muscle rather then deprive myself!

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    you can`t gain weight by eating less. likely issues with calculating what you were eating (it takes time and practice to accurate log food).

also what do you mean "gained a big of fat" do you mean the scale has gone up?
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    88anali wrote: »
    I’m already vegan, but with stress I’ve gained a bit of fat. Decreasing calories has not worked for me. It’s had quite the opposite effect. I am excited to be starting my new training and macro program to gain lean muscle rather then deprive myself!

It is really important to understand that it is impossible to decrease calories and increase your fat gain. These are myths that we start to believe when we don't understand that weight fluctuates for reasons other than fat.

Here is an article to read:

http://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/

• Mondaygal
    Mondaygal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It is possible to decrease calories and not lose weight if you have an underlying medical condition. I highly recommend you see a medical professional asap to get checked out to see what is going on.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    Mondaygal wrote: »
    It is possible to decrease calories and not lose weight if you have an underlying medical condition. I highly recommend you see a medical professional asap to get checked out to see what is going on.

It's also possible to decrease calories and not lose weight if the decrease isn't large enough to enter a calorie deficit. Or the decrease isn't actually a decrease because calories aren't being logged properly

The point is that it's not possible (regardless of medical conditions) to eat in a calorie deficit and not lose weight. Granted some medical conditions can make achieving a calorie deficit much more difficult.