I put it to you!! - What should MY calorie intake be???

Options
I am a 25 year old, 5'4" female, currently weighing at 187.5lbs...

I exercise 6 days a week at present for a minimum of 40 minutes a day, burning on average 300 calories per 40 minute minimum workout...

Can anyone give me their 2 cents about what I should be eating????

Will love you forever!

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    I am a 25 year old, 5'4" female, currently weighing at 187.5lbs...

I exercise 6 days a week at present for a minimum of 40 minutes a day, burning on average 300 calories per 40 minute minimum workout...

Can anyone give me their 2 cents about what I should be eating????

Will love you forever!

Do you have an estimate of your body fat percentage, that would be very helpful in determining your intake
  • brillmer
    brillmer Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I replied in the status itself but:

If your numbers are accurate, and you are going to be working out 5+ a week.. Aim for about 1800 or so. And you will still lose weight. I assure you.

Hope this helps.

Ps, you owe me a never ending supply of love now.
  • Porcelaine22
    Porcelaine22 Posts: 245 Member
    Options

Do you have an estimate of your body fat percentage, that would be very helpful in determining your intake

I got it measured about 2 weeks ago and it was 32.6% if that helps! :)
  • smartseagull
    Options
    I replied in the status itself but:

If your numbers are accurate, and you are going to be working out 5+ a week.. Aim for about 1800 or so. And you will still lose weight. I assure you.

Hope this helps.

Ps, you owe me a never ending supply of love now.

lolz
  • AJ_G
    Options

Your estimated BMR is 1608 calories. Your estimated TDEE based on your activity is anywhere between 2250 calories and 2400 calories. To lose weight, eat at TDEE - 20% which would have you eating between 1800 calories and 1930 calories a day. That should be a good starting point. Don't log exercise calories if you choose to eat at this intake because your exercise has been factored in. Hope that helps.
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Will love you forever!

Scottish cuisine!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Porcelaine22
    Options

Scottish cuisine!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: awww Steve!
  • Porcelaine22
    Options

Your estimated BMR is 1608 calories. Your estimated TDEE based on your activity is anywhere between 2250 calories and 2400 calories. To lose weight, eat at TDEE - 20% which would have you eating between 1800 calories and 1930 calories a day. That should be a good starting point. Don't log exercise calories if you choose to eat at this intake because your exercise has been factored in. Hope that helps.

Thank you for that! I am currently sitting using the MFP calculation of 1630 + exercise calories, but I am never quite sure if I should be eating exercise calories back or not and I am scared to undo my hard work by letting myself go into 'starvation mode' by eating too little!!

Today's in take was 1814 on 331 exercise calories, so I think I am doing it right as to what you are saying!! :)

Thanks!! Sending ETERNAL LOVE!!!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • AJ_G
    Options

Thank you for that! I am currently sitting using the MFP calculation of 1630 + exercise calories, but I am never quite sure if I should be eating exercise calories back or not and I am scared to undo my hard work by letting myself go into 'starvation mode' by eating too little!!

Today's in take was 1814 on 331 exercise calories, so I think I am doing it right as to what you are saying!! :)

Thanks!! Sending ETERNAL LOVE!!!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Yea that sounds about right, glad I could help, good luck