Low carb experts?? Need help :)

Options
chasetwins
chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
Hey!!
I currently and have always counted calories. ( and will continue to do so! ) however I am attending a get together at a friend's house and will be bringing a couple plates. The host...due to a medical scare is low carb living. I want to bring something he can enjoy as well.
I tried making low carb vanilla wafers with low carb frosting. My kids & husband said it was ok / good but all I get is the cooling effect from the frosting which kills it for me! ( butter,swerve, splenda and vanilla were the frosting ingredients)

So, now that I threw a bit of money in the trash ( damn that crap is expensive lol ) ~ I am looking for ideas or recipes of something I can bring so he can enjoy it as well. I would like to bring a side dish and a dessert. It will be an out side event so no mandatory "keep in fridge" things.

Thank you in advance for allowing me to pick your brains!

Replies

• dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I’m having @zeejane4 cater my next party... yum yum
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,053 Member
    Options
    I am a keto'er.....I have a recipe for a keto (low carb) Berry crumble if you are interested
  • zeejane4
    zeejane4 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    dulcitonia wrote: »
    I’m having @zeejane4 cater my next party... yum yum

:#
  • echmain3
    echmain3 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Bacon-wrapped bacon.

0 carbs!
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    echmain3 wrote: »
    Bacon-wrapped bacon.

0 carbs!

hahaha!!! I would be loved for sure!!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    a8f996ea8975ad034fc9ca90af2b8e0f.jpeg

(But seriously, you could do bacon-wrapped anything low carb - chicken tenders, asparagus, etc.)
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    My go to keto dessert is cheesecake. Top with berries if desired.