obsessing over macros

Options
thanos5
thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
in case i'm asked:

male
6' even
154 lbs (down from 211)
i still have belly fat so i'm continuing to lose weight.

my only goal is to get rid of my belly fat (the only fat i have left besides my fat mouth)

i do both cardio and strength training, but have no bulking goals or anything. just wanna get stronger.

do my macros really matter?

my google searches turn up nothing but body building sites, which i have no interest in.

i'm currently set at 40/30/30/ p/f/c. for no particular reason except i read that i should eat .8 grams of protein per lb of weight. i don't know if it even matters.

Replies

• Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Macros are mostly for satiety. The default MFP macros should be just fine. As long as you're eating in a calorie deficit you'll continue to lose weight.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    thanos5 wrote: »
    in case i'm asked:

male
    6' even
    154 lbs (down from 211)
    i still have belly fat so i'm continuing to lose weight.

my only goal is to get rid of my belly fat (the only fat i have left besides my fat mouth)

i do both cardio and strength training, but have no bulking goals or anything. just wanna get stronger.

do my macros really matter?

my google searches turn up nothing but body building sites, which i have no interest in.

i'm currently set at 40/30/30/ p/f/c. for no particular reason except i read that i should eat .8 grams of protein per lb of weight. i don't know if it even matters.

Congrats on your successful loss! Macros are personal preference, for satiety, and there are minimums for health & fitness. 0.8g protein sounds fine.

As you are already in the bottom half of the healthy weight range for your height, you might want to focus on recomp rather than weight loss. Check out these posts, and good luck:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1