Won’t lose weight

Options
stevenmaya5655
stevenmaya5655 Posts: 1 Member
I’m weighing in at 189ish. I’ve hit my goals for being under caloric intake. My goal was to lose two pounds per week. I go to the gym and lift weights and add about 10 minutes of cardio. My workout schedule is sporadic and isn’t concrete on which days i go. Those days i take protein. I still go high school and i’m 5’ 8” (im overweight). I enjoy watching what i eat and want to see results but i’m not seeing any. Anoubody have a possible cause or solution. I know there could be many factors such as genetics environment stress and so on.

Replies

• Biancabhi
    Biancabhi Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I would try adding at least 20-30 minutes of cardio.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Options
    I’m weighing in at 189ish. I’ve hit my goals for being under caloric intake. My goal was to lose two pounds per week. I go to the gym and lift weights and add about 10 minutes of cardio. My workout schedule is sporadic and isn’t concrete on which days i go. Those days i take protein. I still go high school and i’m 5’ 8” (im overweight). I enjoy watching what i eat and want to see results but i’m not seeing any. Anoubody have a possible cause or solution. I know there could be many factors such as genetics environment stress and so on.

If you're not seeing results and you've been at it for more than a couple of weeks, you're likely eating more than you think.

1qzturfcpgcu.jpg

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    x100 the above.

if the exercise is newer or increased your muscles may be retaining water to repair themselves temporarily.

if you've only been at this 1-2 weeks that is too early to know.

2lb/week may be too fast depending on your stats, that's only appropriate for the very obese with lots of fat reserves.

do you use a food scale for all foods? log EVERY SINGLE THING?
  • Dilvish
    Dilvish Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    If you are still in high school then you are way ahead of the game. The younger you start taking care of what you eat and getting regular exercise is very important.

Weight loss doesn't happen quickly and usually when it does, all the weight lost usually returns.

Losing weight can be challenging but certainly not impossible so don't give up. You may not see immediate results.

Try to push your exercise limits everyday. Go longer or harder but be careful not to overdo it. Just keep moving. Find exercises that you can enjoy like sports or swimming or something. It helps if your exercise routine is fun because you tend to be more motivated to do it!

As far as diet is concerned, try to remember that typically anything packaged/manufactured contains a lot of unwanted calories or ingredients so stay away from them. Eat whole foods (meat, fish, veggies, fruit, dairy, grains) and skip fast food and soda pop/fruit juice.

It's okay to allow yourself a "treat day" (having pizza night or something like that) but stick to the program every other day.

You'll get there. Just keep doing what you are doing and try to improve on it at every opportunity.