Help!

Options
I’ve been struggling to get back to eating healthily since being on holiday in March. I did well in the lead up to my trip but since then I’ve lost all motivation. Well, I’m motivated to eat junk food. My job is pretty tough right now so I use food for comfort and reward. Any advice anyone can give me? I know all the things I should be doing but perhaps just being told by someone else might be helpful. Thanks!

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,076 Member
    Options
    Well before hand you were probably in full swing! Drinking water, eating right, exercising. Its not just 1 thing you were changing it was multiple things you changed to get one result.

So id go back to the start. And take small steps, building yourself up again.
    Once you start, the motivation will come. Not the other way around!

First step, log your food, accurately.
    This for me is always the best one to start with because it gives you a realistic insight into what youre putting into your body! And you can easily pick out things that were too high in calories, or if you ate too much, didnt exercise enough.

Logging your food will give you youre next step, because once you assess your diary youll know what you want to change!
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Train yourself to not see any particular food as either good or bad. It inherently can't be. Don't remove particular foods out of your life and that may help you sustain things for the longer term. Remember, everything in moderation, hitting your calorie goal (and macros if you can but make that the next step) and you'll be just fine. All the best.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    honestly i lost weight and avoided labelling food as good or bad. as long as you eat enough variety for overall nutrition (enough protein, enough fat, enough fruit and vegetables) you get no extra points for extra broccoli.

i was able to stick to the weight loss plan for a year by making it enjoyable day to day. i fit in chocolate 1-2x a day and find foods i ENJOY to eat daily and still achieve overall nutrition and weight loss. While eating so called "junk food" in moderation.
  • youknowyoursel
    youknowyoursel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys. I was absolutely in full swing previously and I hate that I’m not there now.

Logging food and moderation are my immediate goals.