Victorious Victoria Fitness Challenge April 14

Options
Good Monday morning all! I hope everyone had a good weekend.

I changed back to The Biggest Loser Cardio Max for this week. I am going to add arm exercises M W & F for 20 minutes or so.

I got really good news yesterday. My sister & her kids who live in VA and I haven't seen in three years are coming to visit in July! I'm going to buy an airline ticket for my dad who is now living with my brother in Florida so that he can come as well...Just the motivation that I need to get rid of these last 13 pounds & show off my new body in my new swimsuit!

Have a wonderful day!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Good Monday morning all! I hope everyone had a good weekend.

I changed back to The Biggest Loser Cardio Max for this week. I am going to add arm exercises M W & F for 20 minutes or so.

I got really good news yesterday. My sister & her kids who live in VA and I haven't seen in three years are coming to visit in July! I'm going to buy an airline ticket for my dad who is now living with my brother in Florida so that he can come as well...Just the motivation that I need to get rid of these last 13 pounds & show off my new body in my new swimsuit!

Have a wonderful day!:flowerforyou:
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Can I come back and join you? I'm feeling good ~ motivated to get started again and decided that today is the day. You will be very proud of me that although I didn't really exercise and I didn't eat very well I still managed to lose a pound over the last month off. My hubby said I don't give myself credit for how well I eat even when I'm not paying attention. Anyway, I'm ready to meet my next 2 goals before the end of your challenge. I need to lose 1.5 lbs to get to half way to my goal weight and then I need to lose 3 more lbs to get to no longer being obese. These are both big ones for me so I hope I can do it!

Fill me in on anything I missed! Hope everyone is doing SUPER!
    +++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    (((HUGS))),
    Niccole
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Niccole - we've all missed you! Glad you back into the swing of things. That was a lot you had to deal with.

Julie - you already look great, and you know it. :bigsmile:

News to catch Niccole up: Viviakay and I both got HRM - I'm having issues with mine, but giving updates every now and then. Everyone please include your own. I'm afraid of leaving someone out.

I have the same goals coming up - 1 more pound and I'm at my half way point. 2 more after than and I've lost the 10% all the health care people talk about as changing your health numbers. 4 more after than and I'm in the 140s. I hope to lose the first three before then end of the challenge, which ends a month from Saturday!

I came across a document yesterday that I check into every now and then. It's my numbers (weight, measurements) since 2004. I wish I had it going back further. In 2005, I gained 5 pounds between April and May. I think I went on vacation. It was interesting.

Yesterday I walked for about 90 minutes. Today is yoga and strength training.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Yay! Niccole is back!

Hi ladies,
    although feeling much better today, it's at least one more day off for me. I'm still struggling to eat my calories without exercise. (also. . .still feel wobbly like a kitten.)

I got on the scale yesterday, and I lost eight pounds since Thursday. Ooof. No wonder the clerk at my drugstore looked at me funny and said "are you OK?". So, it's back to the business of re-hydrating and eating all my favorite bland foods! Wash your produce, friends. (and your hands. . .I have a Dr. friend who said the comforting words: "that could have come from anything you touched.") (oh, Niccole. . .I had food poisoning.)

Well, enough about me! Have a good, healthy day!!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Niccole, we're glad you are back! :happy:

I took the weekend off from exercise and unfortunately from eating healthy too. My weight is bouncing back and forth +/- 5 pounds! I lost three pounds late last week but they are back on again. I've been struggling with stress and depression, and I am definitely an emotional eater. I have gotten back on the exercise wagon though! I walked last week almost everyday and today I did 45 minutes of taebo and an hour of house work. The house looks better and I feel better! :bigsmile:
    Happy exercising!
    Melissa
  • dragonscapes24
    Options
    Hi everybody... sorry I flacked out on you for the last week... My mom's visit was great but it kinda threw me off my groove... I also got into a little bit of depression after she left because I don't get to see her very often... So I am going to start over again today... I have changed my plan a little bit... I clicked on that jillian micheals advertisement this morning and am going to try out her circuit routine... I won't be following the recommended meal plan however because frankly I am a full time student who works part time and I can't afford some of the stuff on the list... But I am going to get back to healthy eating and I am going to try doing the shock meal thing that they talked about on BL... If nothing else it will make me feel better after a week of being good... lol...

Anyways... todays exercise is lite... walking/jogging with the dog... probably 30-45mins...
    tomorrow is my first circuit training... I'll let you know how I do...

Jenn

Oh and Mary... I was reading posts from last week... going above your max heart rate will not hurt you if it's only in short burst... but your body cannot keep up with that kind of demand for an extended period of time... if you tried to keep it up for more than a few minutes your body would stop you one way or the other... also the max heart rate is a guestimate based on age not fitness level... the best thing that I can recommend is to ask your doc about it next time you see him/her... they will be able to monitor your heart and lung functions and give you a more thorough picture... hope this helps...
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    What a flurry of positive messages this morning! Welcome back Niccole!

Yesterday I did 20 minutes of Jillian Michaels Shred 2 and 30 minutes of a power sculpt.

I'm leaving tomorrow for a job -- shooting a big special for the Today Show on NBC on America's Favorite Mom. I'm really excited to be flying around the country interviewing all the moms out there with inspirational stories.

The travel schedule is tough, so my goal for the next two weeks of hotel living is to try for 45 minutes of cardio every other day, and to continue to eat mindfully and carefully.

Talk soon!
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I agree, what a great start to the week. :drinker: Welcome back Niccole, glad you're feeling better vivakay (the fluids will replace as least half that weight loss, no worries!)

So week 1 on body for life went as expected. I walked like a penguin all week but lost weight & inches for the first time in months. :happy: I'm going to push hard this week to break 150. I haven't weighed that since college! I'm pretty excited that my sash & crown came today too. I'll post once I get some pics taken with it. Until then, I'll post a couple headshots; I'd love feedback on your favorites...

Still another crazy week, so checking in will be hit & miss. Also switching our son to a day care that will be on my way to work rather than 20min out of the way and about $100 cheaper/ month. That will help with gas prices. :wink: Only, when we ask him if he wants to go, he says "no". :brokenheart:
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    Welcome back Nicole glad you are feeling stronger.

Ok got myself back on track yesterday (I am logging first thing tues morn didn't get tim yeesterday)
    I did my dvd 45 core secrets and my back feels gr8 this morn. I was supposed to use my elliptical in the morning but it was such a lovely day I went for a jog probably did 15 average speed jogging and very brisk walk the other 15 mins it was cold but the sun was out really left me energised for the day.

Sorry for the late entry