Hypoglycemia advice?

meeper123
meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
So I was doing keto I had barely made it a week and I started fainting!!! Like dropping out of no where! So after going to the doctor it turns out I have hypoglycemia. I have an appointment with a dietitian and am now eating smaller more frequent meals. Anyone have any advice on managing this a bit better?

Replies

• ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    edited May 2019
    Make sure your meals and snack contain some sort of protein. I've heard from several with hypoglycemia where that seems to have helped (regular small meals with a focus on protein).

Good luck!

ETA: maybe eating at keto level low carbs isn't ideal for you either? You might want to discuss that with the RD as well and reintroduce starchy carbs until then.
  • meeper123
    Ya they told me keto is not a great idea but is sending me to a dietitian for something they think will still help me lose weight without having to well pass out.
  • earascon
    earascon Posts: 6 Member
    And Keto eliminated my hypoglycemia. Everyone is different. When I started Keto I was very light headed and would almost pass out when I would stand up but I was low on electrolytes. Could this be it for you????
  • meeper123
    It could be I suppose I am not to great at figuring that kind of thing out. They did blood work but I have the army's medical care. So it's not too prompt sometimes.