Fellow Herbalife users- Have a question

Options
kyleekay10
kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
Hi all!

I've been using Herbalife for about a month now, and I really like it. Just out of curiosity, how do you make your shakes? Do you add in ice and just shake it, do you blend with ice, or do you just do the milk & shake mix?

I used to always add ice and shake it, but I got tired of walking to another building for ice at work, so I've been doing just milk + mix. For some reason my brain "thinks" it's less filling- maybe because I'm drinking it faster? Who knows.

Anyways, just curious on what you guys prefer. :)

PS- Please don't come and comment just to bash on HL. I've seen enough of these topics go sour because people don't think it's a good idea. I'm hitting my calories and my macros, I will still know how to eat right when I decide to stop using them, I know it's not a miracle weight loss product, etc. I use them because shakes are easier than making my own breakfast and lunch every day. Plus, they're yummy. Thanks for understanding. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• kyleekay10
    Options
    Anyone?
  • b0nnyd0g
    b0nnyd0g Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I add milk, ice and other things to the vanilla powder and always whisk up in the blender, At the moment my favourite shakes are adding about 4 frozen strawberries and a big spoon of frozen blackcurrants; and adding a couple of teaspoons of drinking chocolate - both great flavours and hardly any extra calories. I make them both in a morning and have one for breakfast and take the other into work for lunch. I stick the work one in the little freezer in the office and leave it to defrost again for about an hour before lunch, love it icy cold :)
  • kyleekay10
    Options
    Yum... that sounds good! I need to get a 2nd shaker cup so I can prepare my lunch shake before I go into work. That way I can make thicker/tastier shakes every day.

I'm definitely going to have to try adding fruit and chocolate... So far the most adventurous thing I've done is add a TBSP of PB2 (the peanut butter powder) to my chocolate shakes. Makes it taste like a reeses cup :)
  • mbryanlpc
    mbryanlpc Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I always use the blender too. My favorite is my caramel latte - coffee instead of water, formula 1 in cookies & cream, vanilla or chocolate protein powder (whatever is your preference) and 1 tablespoon caramel syrup. It is less than 300 calories, great protein, and filling!! I have lost 57 pounds total (lost some prior to joining mfp), and have maintained now for almost a year. Herbalife rocks!!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Actually you consistently go over your macros, and rarely hit your Calorie goal, you have a goal of 1200 but you net between 1000 - 1200 so... yeah..

Also you could make those shakes at home for way less and you could control your macros better.

Just my 2 cents of course, and no I am not being a jerk, if you like them w/e but don't be delusional.
  • Kaatt8
    Kaatt8 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey! great job with losing weight! Its not often people stay commited with shakes! What are the herbal shakes like? I take Isagenix which is similar. I find the shakes great and if you mix just with water they are already thicker and taste similar to a smoothie. i know you can often mix them with berries or yoghurt, even milk or alcohol if you really want!
    I
  • nelliepooh
    Options
    Have you guys looked into Juice Plus?
  • NostalgicGraeme
    NostalgicGraeme Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to the strawberry flavour; don't use anything else :)

I use a hand cocktail shaker, and just milk. Yum yum.

Good luck with your goals.
  • b0nnyd0g
    b0nnyd0g Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Are you addressing anybody in particular Like A T Rex - or just all of us having success with Herbalife? Each to their own is always a good motto I think :)
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I add in two scoops of the meal mix and two of the protein mix and blend with water and crushed ice. I also add in flavors like sugar free syrups and fruit ect.