Tracking work activity.

Options
How does one go about tracking while at work? For instance, I work in a restaurant setting, I am constantly moving but not at a heart racing pace. Do I just use the step counter? Do I start a Walking workout?
I want to track it since it is some small form of being active, I'm just at a loss on how to track or log it.

Replies

• glitternurse
    glitternurse Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    An Apple Watch for example tracks it already and adds the calories “earned” to MFP, so that’s my method (nurse)
  • Sprinkles02310
    Sprinkles02310 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I only have my Samsung phone and my belt clip. It's what I've been using recently. Just wondered if it was enough.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    When I had a fairly active job, I would wear a pedometer. Anything over 10000 steps I would add as exercise. Up to 10000 I would just consider part of my "lightly active" lifestyle.
  • Sprinkles02310
    Sprinkles02310 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone
  • 230137isntmyweight
    230137isntmyweight Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    You have two options as I see it, you can set your lifestyle to sedentary and wear a tracking device all day such as an Apple Watch or FitBit and it'll calculate the numbers for you. Or you can choose the lifestyle that most closely matches your average day. Pick one and do it for a few months to see if it's working for you, tweak as needed.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Comment on the Apple recommendations.

Apple doesn't sync correctly with MFP directly - must go through an app that sends the correct info to MFP - like Pacer.

Apple direct sync would NOT add any of that additional activity over sedentary.