"New" Here - Introducing Myself!

Options
nuzziek
nuzziek Posts: 69 Member
Hi, everyone! I have been lurking on the message boards for the past few weeks, and finally wanted to jump in and introduce myself :)

A little about me..

I joined MFP a couple years ago, and used it to lose 10 pounds over the course of a couple months for a Biggest Loser contest at work. At that point, I was at a healthy weight and stopped logging. I maintained that weight for about 2 years. Last June, I started gaining weight (ultimately 40 pounds) after going through a stressful time. Now, since February, I've lost 30 of those pounds. My BMI is now at the very far end of "Healthy." I'd love to lose another 15-20 pounds.

I'm focusing my journey on re-wiring my brain for a healthy lifestyle. I've always been a yo-yo dieter and haven't had the healthiest relationship with food. The past few months I've been on a journey to learn about nutrition, and choose foods that are healthy and unprocessed vs. always picking low calorie, etc. I haven't felt this great in a while, but I still have room for improvement. I've always been fairly active with cardio, but recently added strength training (about a month ago). Another goal I have is to get stronger, rather than hyper-focusing on being thin. I've also started running again after a year off, and have always been an avid hiker.

I have been SO inspired by many of the threads I've read recently. Especially the one "What nobody tells you about losing weight" and the sticky thread about Beginner's hiking tips. So thank you to everyone in this community for your help. I'm going to try to chime in a little more often instead of being a lurker :):):)

I don't have any friends on here and would love some for support!