its things like this that keep you motivated.

Options
I lost 45 lbs before anyone noticed, I was disappointed. Obviously, I was doing it for myself and my health but you still like people to notice.

Yesterday I saw a friend who I haven't seen since she moved out of state in Jan. The first thing out of her mouth literally when she saw me was "OH MY GOD, you're skinny"!! I loved it.
Even though it was discouraging at first when no one was noticing, for the last 3 weeks someone has literally complimented me/noticed everyday. My favorite was our maintance man, he looked at me me and said, "OH sweet Jesus, you have lost a ton of weight!"

Just when I was starting to lose my steam these last 3 weeks happened and have kept me motivated like nothing else. Its almost like now that people have started noticing and telling how great I look, I feel like if I fail I will let them down.

Replies

• lomler
    lomler Posts: 1
    Options
    Good for you!

It will help you get through it if you realize that most people are very self-absorbed. They don't mean not to notice but they can't help themselves. Also, if they see you everyday they have seen your transformation so it might not be so noticeable to them.

Keep going....looks like you are half way to your target. :smile:
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! It looks like you're doing an AMAZING job!

Plus you have an adorable cat pic! :flowerforyou:
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    YAY. I love this. I will be so thankful when ppl begin to notice! :flowerforyou:
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Keep it up! I'm sure you look amazing!
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I think maybe people don't mention one's weight loss because they don't focus on our weight as much as we do. I'm sure they notice there is something different. Maybe they think we have new clothes or did something different with our hair or did our makeup different. Of course there are many who think it's rude to comment on someone's weight since it's such a sensitive topic. It's awesome when somebody says "you look great!" but I have learned to not count on compliments for motivation.

By the way..... 45 pounds is awesome! I am sure you are looking fantastic!!!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I lost 45 lbs before anyone noticed, I was disappointed. Obviously, I was doing it for myself and my health but you still like people to notice.

Yesterday I saw a friend who I haven't seen since she moved out of state in Jan. The first thing out of her mouth literally when she saw me was "OH MY GOD, you're skinny"!! I loved it.
    Even though it was discouraging at first when no one was noticing, for the last 3 weeks someone has literally complimented me/noticed everyday. My favorite was our maintance man, he looked at me me and said, "OH sweet Jesus, you have lost a ton of weight!"

Just when I was starting to lose my steam these last 3 weeks happened and have kept me motivated like nothing else. Its almost like now that people have started noticing and telling how great I look, I feel like if I fail I will let them down.

Aw bless you!

It is brilliant when people notice, however, those that didn't at the beginning, were these the same people that have been around you everyday, work, family etc, since you started? If so, they may not have noticed because you lost it gradually.

I don't know about anybody else, but if I look in a full-length mirror at the beginning of my weight loss programme and then look in that same mirror everyday to the end, I don't tend to notice the weightloss in my reflection so much as somebody would who hasn't seen me for weeks or months.

You have obviously made an impact now though, good on ya! :flowerforyou: