Quick but steady weight loss?

Options
Good Morning All,

I really need to lose at least 14 lbs by this time next month. Any ideas on how to quickly do this?

Replies

• SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, that is completely unrealistic. I'm not trying to be rude, just truthful. Unless you are extremely overweight, it's likely impossible. 4-6, maybe, 14, no.

My suggestion is that you adjust your expectations and get in this for the long haul.

Why do you need to lose this weight so quickly? If it's a medically related issue, you should be having this conversation with your doctor.

I wish you luck.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    agree with above. it's not safe, smart or healthy to do so. With only 14lb to lose you should be looking at 0.5lb/week.

put your stats in mfp, select 0.5lb/a week rate of loss and eat all those calories. plus exercise calories. Get a food scale and weigh all your food. carefully select entries in food diary.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • TanyaHooton
    TanyaHooton Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    What are your statistics?

You can have quick, but that's usually not healthy unless you are severely overweight. Or you can have healthy loss, but it won't be 14 pounds in a month...unless, again, you are severely overweight.
  • wkimbell0
    wkimbell0 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’11 and weigh 240
  • MamaKL5
    MamaKL5 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Why do you need to? It may be possible, but certainly not advisable, sustainable, and most importantly, healthy. Slow is best, as annoying as it can be.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Have you just started trying to lose weight? The first month someone can(possibly...maybe) lose quite a bit of water weight. If you have been losing already then it is less likely that you could lose that much in a month.

MY first month I was 238lbs at 5'6" and I lost 12 lbs. The next month I lost 6lbs.
  • wkimbell0
    wkimbell0 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am down 23lbs since March. The thing is it was stress that caused me to get where I am. I am now to the point where I am in a great place and really want the 14 lbs gone before my anniversary.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    wkimbell0 wrote: »
    I am down 23lbs since March. The thing is it was stress that caused me to get where I am. I am now to the point where I am in a great place and really want the 14 lbs gone before my anniversary.

Time based weight loss goals are a bad strategy. If you stayed on course and lost 4 pounds in a month would that make you a failure? No, of course not.

Heaping on an unrealistic goal is not going to be less stressful.
  • echmain3
    echmain3 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    wkimbell0 wrote: »
    I am down 23lbs since March. The thing is it was stress that caused me to get where I am.

It was a calorie surplus that got you to where you are.
  • sweetbe44
    sweetbe44 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I’ve learned that when I take the weight off fast, I gain it back with interest. Not falling for that again!
  • hani_iam
    hani_iam Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Add me... portion control helps, eat a well balanced diet, make sure you eat from all food groups each time you take your major meal, eat in moderation, eat more fiber rich food, avoid oily stuff, drink 3-4 litres of water. Take small frequent meals.

Surely you can do it, you have to be consistent. Do 30 minutes workout daily, try to do 10000 steps daily. The more active you are, more faster your metabolism will work.

I have lost 18 kgs so far, want to reduce 22 kg more. You can either do portion control or either calculate your calories. It's all the game of calorie deficit. All the best to you.