CARB CYCLING FORMULA ??

BEEN TRYING TO SHRED AND well i used .5 of my weight i originally started with which was 260 lbs (130G CARBS ) BUT NOW THAT IM 209LBS NOT SURE if since i plateud if .5 is what i should be using AND WHAT I SHOULD USE FOR MY HIGH CARB DAY every 5th day or so....OR IF I SHOULD DO LIKE NO CARBS FOR ONE MONTH YET ID LIKE TO MAINTAIN AS MUCH AS POSIBLE but clear my stomach are....ANY HELP ????

Replies

• little_ricks
    little_ricks Posts: 7 Member
    im like literally not even sure what to do anymore...and i feel depleted and like i need rest...and when i try to eat more i feel super bloated and like im forcing myself to eat
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited May 2019
    Weight loss is about calories, macros are personal preference. Manipulating carbs plays with your water weight and energy levels, it has nothing to do with fat loss.

Check out the Most Helpful Posts threads pinned to the top of each forum - lots of great info and tips there.

And take a deep breathe, there's no need to panic. Weight loss isn't linear. Even if you do everything right you will get a week or two here and there where you don't lose weight and might even gain. That's just real life. :smile:
  • little_ricks
    yes your right ...sorry also i do calorie deficits and progress however i feel that at times i got too low on both calorie and carbs...and being chunky yet extremely active and work out pretty consistantly ..it effects my energy levels like you mention...and still cant drop...but i mentally messs myself up between I WANT MUSCLE MASS BUT I NEED TO LOSE FAT...BUT ID RATHER LOOK MASSY...BUT I GOT A FAT STOMACH...and i fluctuate ...i am however very clean with my eating...but i tend to over eat calories at times
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    No need to overcomplicate it. Eat in a not too steep deficit (if you want to carb/calorie cycle go for it, but it is not necessary), follow a lifting program, get adequate protein (0.8-1g per lb goalweight). Be consistent and patient.
  • little_ricks
    thank you...ill keep at it...i just want my ab area to show...an i see some uptop but not in the bottom...but hey its been a tough but fun journey so far..im sure i can progress some more if i keep at it