Weight gain?

Options
hjma
hjma Posts: 29 Member
Throughout winter I walked 20m 4-5 days a week plus one 45 minute aerobic session once a week. I also stuck to a calorie goal that should have had me drop 1 pound weekly.
In early February I was at 141.5 (with a goal of 138). I went on vacation to FL for a week and came back about 144. It never went down, but slowly kept going up (despite continuing my diet and exercise).
The last few weeks I’ve dropped my walking and aerobics, but started jogging (or wogging, really) 4-5 times a week. (Still continuing my calorie goals.)
Last week I was 146 and now am 147.
I know muscle is building and is more than fat, but I’m very much struggling with this 5.5/6.5 gain in the last 3 months. I’m all visual and that scale bothers me more than I know it should.
Any advice or thoughts?

Replies

• Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    You won't gain significant muscle mass in the span of a few weeks and while eating in a deficit. So that is not what's caused the weight gain.

How are you tracking your intake, are you using a food scale? Are you eating back exercise calories? If so, how are you determining how many calories you're burning?
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    could be water retention by muscles to repair themselves with the change of exercise.

could be random blip.

could be extra water retention due to time of month or what you ate the few days before (more carbs, more salt) - which is not to say don't eat those just that it will flush out naturally dont' worry about it.

I'm struggling with a similar issue over the last 4-5 weeks with my weight slowly trending up. i'm hoping it's partly water retention from a few various things going on but have and will continue to tighten up my logging since it's more than one blip up and hope for a woosh soon.
  • hjma
    hjma Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Panini911 wrote: »
    could be water retention by muscles to repair themselves with the change of exercise.

could be random blip.

could be extra water retention due to time of month or what you ate the few days before (more carbs, more salt) - which is not to say don't eat those just that it will flush out naturally dont' worry about it.

I'm struggling with a similar issue over the last 4-5 weeks with my weight slowly trending up. i'm hoping it's partly water retention from a few various things going on but have and will continue to tighten up my logging since it's more than one blip up and hope for a woosh soon.

Good luck! I hope that’s the case for both of us!