Good to hear

Options
This morning I was looking for clothes and one lady showed me a couple shirts and she said “What do you think of these? Oh, (realizing sizes) this one is an extra large. I know you can’t wear an extra large.” Her tone was positive so I know she meant it in a good way. I’ve actually worn an XL for many years. However they are starting to get roomy on me.
A little later, another lady brought me some pants and asked me if I could fit the size. They were actually a size down from what I normally wear, which is also getting a little roomy. (Except jeans because unfortunately they shrink!) Anyway, when I told the lady my pants size she sort of made a face like “Really?” (But not in a negative way) and encouraged me to try the smaller sized pants. I don’t think it’s sunk in with me yet that those pants actually fit. I wore the same size for years, aside going up a size from having children and then back down.
It’s a challenge for me not to hop on the scale and see if “that number” has changed. But what’s more important is the changes I notice in my body. Like clothes fitting better, more energy, etc. Its all pretty nice when others have kind things to say. 😊

Replies

• wagnerchristina99
    wagnerchristina99 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    *also
    This morning I was looking for clothes and one lady showed me a couple shirts and she said “What do you think of these? Oh, (realizing sizes) this one is an extra large. I know you can’t wear an extra large.” Her tone was positive so I know she meant it in a good way. I’ve actually worn an XL for many years. However they are starting to get roomy on me.
    A little later, another lady brought me some pants and asked me if I could fit the size. They were actually a size down from what I normally wear, which is also getting a little roomy. (Except jeans because unfortunately they shrink!) Anyway, when I told the lady my pants size she sort of made a face like “Really?” (But not in a negative way) and encouraged me to try the smaller sized pants. I don’t think it’s sunk in with me yet that those pants actually fit. I wore the same size for years, aside going up a size from having children and then back down.
    It’s a challenge for me not to hop on the scale and see if “that number” has changed. But what’s more important is the changes I notice in my body. Like clothes fitting better, more energy, etc. Its all pretty nice when others have kind things to say. 😊

*Also pretty nice
    Not “all pretty nice”