Best foods to eat late at night...

Options
WonderKP
WonderKP Posts: 146 Member
I sometimes get so busy with the day, that it's almost my bedtime but I haven't eaten enough calories for the day. Any tips for the best foods to eat in this situation? Dont want to eat too heavy right before bed. But I've only had about 900 cals for the day now that I had a moment to log everything.... Grrrr. Ive been trying to stick with 40c/35f/25p macros.

Replies

• neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we have an early dinner and later on I feel a bit peckish. I like cottage cheese - a couple of spoon full does the trick for me.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    If this is a one time thing, and you legitimately aren't hungry, then I wouldn't worry about it and would just make sure I tracked more carefully in the future to make sure it doesn't happen again.
  • mecoconleche
    mecoconleche Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I usually eat something light like some eggs and add chocolate bar for quick calories. Otherwise I just let it be and try again tomorrow
  • pontious11349
    pontious11349 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My go to is a Toasted Bagel with Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese. Its calorie dense and if weighed will meet your macros without too much hassle

Not to mention it tastes good.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    Depends what I need. Usually greek yogurt with protein cereal. with so many calories to fill look at something higher in calorie density (so in my example, 2 or 4% yogurt at minimum)

But really, eat ice cream at this point if you are that far off from your daily minimum.

Consider pre-logging your days to avoid last minute under eating. if this is a one time thing you only ate 900 calories that's fine but if you are consistantly under eating you'll need to reconsider what you are eating the rest of the day and build a better daily routine for food.