Hello new to the app and hoping it helps to reach my goal

Options
Hello I’m new to this app I’ve tried everything I can to stay motivated but it can be so hard. I can go strong for a month eating right working out and then poof motivation drops. Has this happened to anybody else and if so how did you get that motivation back?

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    It's not really important to long-term success. Instead, make a small change that you don't really need much motivation for - perhaps making a substitution, or going for a walk once a week, or logging your food. Then, when that becomes second nature, add another thing. Work on and spend energy on staying consistent, and that will help you develop the discipline needed to keep the changes up long term. Motivation can help you start, but if you don't develop the habits because it's too much at once, it'll continue to peter out.
  • estrad06
    estrad06 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That makes a lot of sense I have that mentality of just going hard and expecting change you know ... thank you I will definitely try your advice
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    estrad06 wrote: »
    That makes a lot of sense I have that mentality of just going hard and expecting change you know ... thank you I will definitely try your advice

It definitely takes practice so the only time you fail is if you give up completely. For some people it can work for them to just flip a switch, but for most of us, it helps to work up to that rather than starting at perfect.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I didn’t aim to eat right, just right enough.

Regarding exercise, sometimes I just had to get up and defend my habits and time slot. There were days when my regular workout just wasn’t happening. But I still went to the gym even if most of my time was spent walking on the track. It was better than sitting on the couch.

None of this needs to be perfect.