Healthy fat foods?

Hi I’m trying to stay within my macros but it’s hard to fill my fat grams.. any recommendations for healthy fats I can add to my meals? I’m already eating avocado, salmon, almonds etc..

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Do you cook with vegetable oil?
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Nuts and nut butters - walnuts, pecans, even peanuts. I like adding pecans to salads. You can add almond butter to smoothies. Olive oil on salads. Other healthy oils such as avocado oil or grape oil. Oil used in cooking. Also, newer research suggests that dairy fat may not be as unhealthy as was once suggested - people who ate full fat dairy tended to have lower BMIs and better health markers than those who ate low fat dairy.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Avocados. Tofu. Chia seeds. Flax seeds. Tahini. Soy beans. Cheese. Full fat yogurt. B)
  • OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    edited May 2019
    EVOO - I try to punt for any fat with anti-inflammatory properties.
  • Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 622 Member
    Get plenty of nuts in you 👍🏼
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    beef, pork, lamb egg, dairy
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    Fatty fish, hemp seeds, walnut oil, walnut butter, MCT from coconut, macadamia and Brazil, nuts. Olives, olive oil. Sunflower seeds.Goat cheese and sheep milk.
    I personally do not agree with fatty meat, cow dairy or pork.
  • Dgil1975
    Dgil1975 Posts: 110 Member
    Like many are saying, nuts and seeds. Use the whole food source instead of oils. Oils are just empty calories, you can get the higher healthy fats by consuming food
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    If cooking veg in olive oil or adding a dressing with some olive oil makes it tastier for you, and you end up eating a greater variety and more veg as a result, it's great, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with including some oil in the diet. For me, realizing that my cals were on the low side and I should probably add back in some of the higher fat indulgences I'd automatically removed when starting (a little cheese in an omelet or salad or pasta dish, cooking with olive oil, allowing myself to use olive oil (and not just red wine vinegar and mustard) when making a salad dressing, even cooking my chicken bone on and in the skin when I wantd to was helpful and not only helped me get my fat to a reasonable level (and my cals), but made my diet more enjoyable and sustainable for me (it was fine before, but better after).

Otherwise, I agree with most upthread: variety of nuts and seeds (or foods made from them like tahini or nut butters), full (or more) fat dairy (I don't so much think of dairy fat as what is called a "healthy fat," but I think the evidence is full fat dairy is just as good for you as skim/low fat and for some people more satisfying), whole eggs, avocado, fatty fish (you are already eating those), olives.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,517 Member
    Try eating fattier cuts of meat. Instead of Chicken Breast, do Chicken Thighs or instead of Filet Mignon, do a nice Ribeye, and so on and so forth.

Healthy oils are great too, I use them on veggies when I either roast them or sautee them. Things like EVOO, Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil, Butter, Lard, Ghee, etc.