Jog more or eat less

Options
I am 5'2" trying to lose 10 pounds. My calorie goal is 1200. So if I work out I do only cardio. Have never tried lifting. I stick to Elliptical in gym or jog outside. Usually burn 400 cal. Debating should I eat just enough to reach 1200 cal or eat 1600 and cardio to burn 400. Or eat 1400 and cardio to burn 200? What are the effects of each? Is there a difference, does it matter?

Replies

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much you want to eat..

I typically do that .. burn extra calories so I can eat/snack more.. its just number game..
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    With only 10 pounds to lose, is your weekly weight loss goal set to a half pound per week? If not, that will give you more calories.

9kjwnia17qv9.jpg

I'm no where near satisfied with base calories, and do exercise more to be able to eat more.
  • vegtolose10
    vegtolose10 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have roughly ur stats 5'1 (116 lbs) and trying to lose the last 8-10 pounds . I find that running /jogging makes me very hungry and also makes me crave a lot of carbs and 1200 net is already quite less and I often end up going over it when I do a lot of aerobic exercise. For now I find it easier to focus on cal intake nad just get in my 10,000 steps by walking. I would say try both options and see what works best for you.