Eating in a deficit + exercising but gaining fat?

Options
Hello,
For the past week or so I've been gaining fat. I've been making sure to eat in a calorie deficit and double-check all my calories, weighing foods etc, as well as exercising but I've started gaining fat? The scale hasn't budged but I'm assuming that's muscle loss which also confuses me since I've been eating enough protein and exercising regularly. I feel lost. Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong/ what to do to fix it?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    hiimok wrote: »
    Hello,
    For the past week or so I've been gaining fat. I've been making sure to eat in a calorie deficit and double-check all my calories, weighing foods etc, as well as exercising but I've started gaining fat? The scale hasn't budged but I'm assuming that's muscle loss which also confuses me since I've been eating enough protein and exercising regularly. I feel lost. Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong/ what to do to fix it?

One week is nothing. Water weight fluctuates for many reasons. It could be you are retaining water and losing weight.

Don't rely on assumptions or body fat scales.
  • hiimok
    hiimok Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guys, I have been pretty stressed as well for the past few weeks as well so I'll take it easy and carry on with what I've been doing. I never knew BIA scales could be so inaccurate!
  • HulkV2
    HulkV2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring? Or just taking the scales word for it? If you know your gaining fat then I would take a look at my TDEE. Chances are you may have calculated it wrong and are not at a deficit. Chances are you are losing fat because the scale is a big liar half the time