Bulking - weight fluctuation

Options
Hi everyone, currently bulking following a hypertrophy specific routine. so this morning a weighed in at 11 stone and 3/4 of a lb. Pretty much the same weight i was 3 weeks ago. However in between this time my weight appeared to be going up at a steady rate, hit 11 stone 1.5lb last week, so i thought all was well. I guess my question is, how long would you wait before upping calories by a couple of hundred. Could it be this ia just a fluctuation and that i should wait a few more weeks before adding calories?

Thanks for any opinions and advice

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing daily with a trend weight? If you are weighing once a week sometimes it's hard to tell if you are actually gaining or not. If that is the case wait a few more weeks and I would recommend using a trend weight app if not already.

If you are weighing daily and your weight has not been going up for 3 weeks, yes I would increase the calories.
  • manowarrule2003
    manowarrule2003 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thanks sardelsa. Im weighing somewhere in between. So i weigh every monday then intermittently throughout the week when i feel like it. Thanks again for the advice
  • manowarrule2003
    manowarrule2003 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Ive downloaded the libra weight trend app. Seems simple enough to use. So the sensible plan now would be to continue at my current calorie target for 2 weeks and see if the trend goes up. Sounds like a plan
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great plan. I think you will really learn a lot with more data points and the app to help weed through the fluctuations. Good luck!