Just joined & have a few questions

Options
Hi, everyone! I've been using the free MFP and upgraded to Premium today. One of my dietary challenges is needing to substitute something for the International Delight hazelnut coffee creamers (10 of them) in my extra large coffee every morning. I'm aiming to go low-carb and my creamers are using up too many of my daily carbs. If you have any low-carb suggestions, please let me know. Thanks! Elizabeth

Replies

• Lina_workout
    Lina_workout Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello! These are high in carbs and fat, and generally not healthy. I would suggest using a non-dairy creamer to reduce the fat content, such as an almond-milk or a soy milk or hazelnut milk creamer. To reduce the carbs, you can add brown sugar, honey or any other natural source like maple syrup yourself. These are far far far more healthy than the sugar cane syrup they put in your creamer.
  • egbert2016
    egbert2016 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Heavy cream and Torani sugar free hazelnut syrup.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I just use Fairlife whole milk, not sure if that's low carb enough. There are lots of sugar free coffee syrups on Amazon too.

I found weaning myself off the sugar in my coffee and tea week by week nudged my taste in the right direction.
  • AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I use splenda hazelnut creamer at 15 calories per tablespoon and I use sugar free gorani hazelnut syrup to enhance my java everyday!
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    egbert2016 wrote: »
    Heavy cream and Torani sugar free hazelnut syrup.

This. It's the closest I've found. It takes time to adjust to the artificial sweeteners, though.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    erosspate wrote: »
    Hi, everyone! I've been using the free MFP and upgraded to Premium today. One of my dietary challenges is needing to substitute something for the International Delight hazelnut coffee creamers (10 of them) in my extra large coffee every morning. I'm aiming to go low-carb and my creamers are using up too many of my daily carbs. If you have any low-carb suggestions, please let me know. Thanks! Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth I like English Toffee liquid Stevia and real cream. That's low carb and no artificial sweeteners.

Best of luck!
    Roberta
  • pleiadianlove
    pleiadianlove Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Cardamom and turmeric in black coffee