Which Map My ??? app should I use?

Options
HI All, I just started a walk/jog interval program and am out of shape and slow. Should I use Map My Walk or Map My Run?

Replies

• jaymijones
    jaymijones Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    They are essentially the same app. MapMyFitness, gives you more options. When I first started running I tracked my walk/run intervals as running because it was HARD, I kept my walking pace fast, but you could go either way.

You could also track as HIIT, I can’t remember if MapMyFitness has that option.
  • Hydr8Cafn8Medic8
    Hydr8Cafn8Medic8 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    jaymijones wrote: »
    They are essentially the same app. MapMyFitness, gives you more options. When I first started running I tracked my walk/run intervals as running because it was HARD, I kept my walking pace fast, but you could go either way.

^ Yes this. I love the options, but I have to admit it's the only one I've ever used. I haven't seen a HIIT option on there, but whether you walk or run, it calculates it the same based on your distance and time. They have supposedly recently revised the calorie burn calculations to include afterburn as well. Feel free to check me on that one though.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    jaymijones wrote: »

^ Yes this. I love the options, but I have to admit it's the only one I've ever used. I haven't seen a HIIT option on there, but whether you walk or run, it calculates it the same based on your distance and time. They have supposedly recently revised the calorie burn calculations to include afterburn as well. Feel free to check me on that one though.

They did revised the calories burned, but it's still almost doubled, if i was to compare to my Fitbit. So be careful with that.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I personally prefer RunKeeper.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    puffbrat wrote: »
    I personally prefer RunKeeper.

Same here. I used Map My Run for a while, but I've found RunKeeper to be more reliable and accurate.
  • CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,845 Member
    Options
    I use Map My Fitness. I can use it for both my walking and cycling.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    All activities are available on all versions of the app. The only diff is what it suggests first.