Atkins Food?

I just started the Atkins diet yesterday.. so far everything is good good but I wanna make sure I keep having good food in order to keep me on the diet.. what are some of your favorite recipes?

Replies

• zeejane4
    zeejane4 Posts: 230 Member
    edited May 2019
    I'm not Atkins but I am lower carb and would be pretty close to their Atkins40 plan right now. I'm not a big recipe user and keep things pretty simple- large salads with 1-2 protein and fat sources added, cubed beef or pork mixed with sauteed (with ghee or butter), veggies or steamed veggies with a low carb condiment to tie it together, different kinds of dairy and nuts and seeds, a small amount of fruit mixed into my green smoothies and then eggs.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Eggs + veg (maybe some cheese). Meat/fish + veg.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    I am not low carb but I incorporate lots of different recipes into my plan. There are a lot of great recipes that I’ve used from Linda’s Low Carb at the following link.

https://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/

I really enjoyed Bacon Beef Rolls (I’ve also served them several times for guests). Spinach lasagna was also really yummy. Taco bake was popular with my family. Chicken and Spinach Parmesan is also another favorite.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    When I followed Atkins in the 90s, my food centered around grilled/broiled/roasted meat or fish + salad w/ lemon juice for dressing and pretty much any non-starchy vegetable I wanted for the evening meal & I always enjoyed that meal the most. Mornings were mostly eggs (omelet with a little spinach & some cheese), or egg salad, and lunch pretty much a miserable bit of cheese/deli meat, or tuna or salmon salad (mayo, celery, a little onion + fish), and maybe some cottage cheese. It got a bit easier as my appetite plummeted and I didn't feel the desire for a meal mid-day - just a snack would do.
  • HulkV2
    HulkV2 Posts: 32 Member
    Low carb foods for me are pork rinds, peanuts, eggs, tacos (cheese shell and low fat beef), chicken, tuna and pizza made with a mushroom cap