Work in progress!!!

Options
ctlove69
ctlove69 Posts: 3 Member
I have been a diabetic for over 20 years but have never had diet counseling. About 1 1/2 weeks ago I saw a dietitian and she has changed my life! I thought it would be hard to control my blood sugar and to be quite honest, it was before the dietician! She explained what I was doing wrong and that I don’t need to cut out all carbs from my diet...sigh of relief!!!! So after 1 1/2 weeks I am down 9 pounds, my blood sugars are better than they have ever been and I am feeling great!!! I feel empowered to continue this journey but now with a positive outlook!

Replies

• BradandLibby
    BradandLibby Posts: 14 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    That’s fantastic! I’ve had diabetes for the past 5 years and during that time I’ve lost and gained 30 pounds, with my blood sugar correlating to my weight. I tried to control my weight/diabetes by eating the same things, but limiting the quantity or finding a lower calorie/lower sugar substitute.

But this weekend I had a breakthrough that I need to change what I was eating, not just eat less of what I was previously eating (and I was eating junk! I’ll just eat 3/4 of a bag of French fries instead of the whole bag. I’m doing great! No, not really). Why did it take me so long to figure that out?!?!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!