I’m always hungry

Options
2»

Replies

• Mov3mor3
    Mov3mor3 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Attention person who is woo-ing for reasons other than "Any claim that is too good to be true, such as ingesting a certain substance will cause weight loss independent of diet and exercise. This is for outlandish claims - keyword being "claims.""

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/43568226/#Comment_43568226

I would just let them "woo" man. As someone said "Let the haters hate" I probably will have 100 woo's from posting how to not get hungry so often to a girl who is eating 900 calories. Don't let it bother you.
  • o0st
    o0st Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Your Cals are too low, you need to eat proper food. Not eggo’s. Use food like large salads with every meal to help with feeling full and start Marco tracking
  • tjsims8
    tjsims8 Posts: 46 Member
    Options

Eat more.

1200 is what a toddler eats. Most adults need more than that (unless very short/sedentary). For example, I need about 2200 to maintain (but I'm 6 ft tall/reasonably active). So if my aim is fat loss I minus 15-20% from that max. Any more and I start getting stabby or start binging.

1000 is definitely too little and that's why you're ravenous. It's not sustainable.

The reason I try to stick to 1200 is because I’m sedentary. At the moment, I am not working and I haven’t been exercising.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    So try 1200 and consider trying to increase cals by even adding some walking. But based on what you said above, you are NOT trying to stick to 1200, but instead 1000.

I agree with those who say your food choices don't look that filling to me, but before wondering about that, you need to start actually eating at least 1200 (and consider whether 1200 is too low even while you are sedentary -- how much do you have to lose and what goal do you get when you ask for 1 lb per week?).
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Yes, your calories are too low, and fruits and veggies are good fillers and you aren't showing many of them at all in what you described above. Patience will get the weight off, not a quick, unsustainable loss.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    So.. if you want to stay at the 1000-1200, and you feel hungry all the time, there are other things that you can eat, or trade off.
    You could have rabbit food. You could eat almost unlimited of it.
    You could start eating more protein ( eggs, cheese sticks, tuna. ) I love tuna, its 100 calories at 20 grams of protein.
    You may want to trade off some food for a protein drink.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    tjsims8 wrote: »
    Eat more.

1200 is what a toddler eats. Most adults need more than that (unless very short/sedentary). For example, I need about 2200 to maintain (but I'm 6 ft tall/reasonably active). So if my aim is fat loss I minus 15-20% from that max. Any more and I start getting stabby or start binging.

1000 is definitely too little and that's why you're ravenous. It's not sustainable.

The reason I try to stick to 1200 is because I’m sedentary. At the moment, I am not working and I haven’t been exercising.

Have you tried setting MFP to sedentary with a reasonable deficit? You'll likely find you can eat more than 1200cal.
  • CeeCeeCarra
    CeeCeeCarra Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi there!... While I’m no nutrition expert, I see that your daily food does not include any fruit and only minimal veggies (potatoes). I would try to get some of those into your daily routine, too. I also agree with the others who feel that you may not be eating enough.

Some of my healthy snacks might include some sugar snap peas, or maybe some carrots or cucumber with a tablespoon or two of hummus. Also, when I feel that hunger pang, I will try to drink something (water or plain seltzer). Sometimes that does it, but also keeps you hydrated. That too!... Please try to be sure to drink enough water throughout the day.

Just some ideas.

Hope it helps & wishing you the best!
  • mimimunchery
    mimimunchery Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I would swap bagels or eggos for something with protein the morning - eggs or yogurt? (I usually have a chobani non-fat vanilla with blueberries - really yummy and only like 130 cals)

And then I would add LOTS of veggies. I stick cabbage and peppers on my sandwiches. I snack on cabbage and baby carrots. Not many calories but it helps to feel full and also to feel like you have a lot to eat volume wise