Gained weight and feel horrible.

2»

Replies

• mtzrose2001
    mtzrose2001 Posts: 62 Member
    Nixoncat1 wrote: »
    I’ve lost 15 pounds twice...here we go again!

Lol, the struggle is real!
  • mtzrose2001
    Ducks47 wrote: »
    Honey, don't worry! You're back on track... I've been in a similar boat. I gained back 15 lbs maybe a year ago. I was mortified. I've since gotten back on track and lost it. You've recognized it and are working on it. That's all you can do. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Thanks 👍😊
  • mtzrose2001
    I lost 15 pounds it took me 6months I ate good & exercised. I gained 12 pounds back in 3 months & am still doing the same exercising 5 days a week an eat right ,Help i dont know what is going on

So sorry to hear that! I'm no expert but if everything is the same maybe have your thyroid checked?
  • mtzrose2001
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Take it one day at a time and try not to beat yourself up. You're a work in progress and it's important to accept yourself as you are, overweight or not. If you aren't kind to yourself, who will be? You've lost the weight before, you know what to do. Being on here and posting is a great first step! Now start logging what you eat and make sustainable changes. You are worth it! One thing I've read on these boards that resonated with me is that time will pass no matter what you do. Wouldn't you rather be working toward bettering yourself each day versus letting time pass?

That's very inspirational! My 14 year old daughter is getting more self conscious about her weight and appearance. She says to me," Mom, no offense, but I don't want to look like you when I'm your age." That hit me in the heart. Like, I wish she didn't see me like that. All I can do is take that as motivation, work hard and try to set a good example for her. I'm in a low self esteem *kitten* storm. Uhg!
  • mtzrose2001
    Lol, it change my naughty word to "kitten"! That's cute!
  • mtzrose2001
    msunat97 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that. Living in Wisconsin the winters cause that type of impact...I understand your struggles. Please feel free to add me to support you in your journey

Winter definitely sucks!
  • mtzrose2001
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    been there...done that....I also hated myself..how could I have let this happen :(
    BUT my best advice is take 1 day at a time...you didnt gain the weight back over night and won't lose it either (quickly)
    but if u work out and count cals..IT WILL HAPPEN
    Hang in there

kim

Thanks girl! 👌
  • mtzrose2001
    I worked so hard last year to lose weight for my destination wedding and was finally in a shape that I felt happy at....then i got pregnant immediately and gained over 50 lbs! I lost some, but still have over 30 lbs to go. I hate how i feel and feel like I am so far away from my goal. I just try to take it one day at a time, but it’s so hard! Good luck !

Thanks, it is so hard especially with set backs. You had a pregnancy and I had two ankle injuries. I guess life happens and you're right one step at a time!
  • kx7003
    kx7003 Posts: 102 Member
    @mtzrose2001 you’ve done it (weight loss) before so you can do it again.
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    @mtzrose2001 I know exactly how you feel and I am in the same situation, put back much of what I lost last year . I don't know your life situation but I know why my wheels fell off: I am a woman with 3 jobs. I let it all come back at a time of stressful work and an unmanageable workload. I hit peak binge last night and today I came back here. It is so clear to me that not looking after myself is all about feeling helpless in the face of unreasonable demands , as though there will never be enough time , as though I am unimportant in the face of tasks and deadlines. A sort of angry, deprived feeling led to eating what I please and more. There has to be a gentler way to live than this. One step at a time and stopping to smell the flowers perhaps? I feel for you that you do not feel happy in your body. But yes we did it before and we can definitely do it again! Feel free to add me for support.