Need to lose 6% body fat

Options
2»

Replies

• Beckenzahler
    Beckenzahler Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Is this type of offer common?
    Just a couple of days ago I watched a fitness video on youtube, where the guy was promoting his site,that had the same money-back offer, if losing 25lbs/6%bf as long as you followed his training plan (and probably meal plan, I forget).
  • Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    i mean, if they're gonna be shady, you can be somewhat shady back. When you do the final measure do it in the lightest clothes possible, hit the sauna for a bit before hand... laxatives or something if that's safe. That would probably amount to like 6 pounds.

If you cut out carbs and and a lot of salt intake over the next couple weeks, you'd also likely shed a good deal of water weight as well.
  • ncl78
    ncl78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I happened to sign up for the challenge in Boston as well. And I feel pretty stupid that although I knew it was impossible, I was bought into that diet. I guess I just wanted to believe that I can lose 25 lbs [or 6% of the body fat] in 6 weeks. My first InBody measure showed my body fat % 25.3.

Their diet is pretty strict and typical to a bodybuilding diet, only less calorie intake. Macros are 50% lean protein, 30% carb, 20% fat which adds up to about 1300-1400 calories a day for my weight [180 lbs]. You have to attend 3 sessions of kickboxing, where I burned 500 exercise calories in each session. I also do additional workouts-3 more 60 min workout during the week that is either HIIT or water rowing.
    The question is, is it really possible to lose 6% body weight? They said their success rate was 87%. Lame?

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Not the first time we've seen someone fall for this scam here. Won't be the last.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    LaraAnnCan wrote: »
    I shouldn’t have googled the place. The franchise even seems like they scam the location owners.

https://www.ilovekickboxing.com/transformation/studio/668

https://www.ilkbuniversity.com/p/ilkb-6-week-transformation-training

So, tell them you'll go to the media with information about this scam if they don't refund your money, all of it.

They are also legally obligated to give you a copy of any contract, signed by both parties.

Stand up for yourself.

Sadly, common sense seems to have died with the Baby Boomer generation.
  • flutatious1
    flutatious1 Posts: 120 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I’m at the end of my 6 week challenge. My husband and I did it together to kickstart our lifestyle change. The workouts are mainly circuit training with kettlebells and kickboxing on Wednesday. He lost 23 lbs and and at week 4 for me I had lost 3.7% fat. If I make 5% I reach the goal. Drink lots of water and stick to the plan. We cut out all grain, dairy and alcohol. Good luck!
  • Justin_7272
    Justin_7272 Posts: 341 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Sadly, common sense seems to have died with the Baby Boomer generation.

My intellectual response to OP's post while also stating Lynda's post was rude was removed for being inappropriate.

1) OP; apologies for trying to help, I should have posted separately so it remained.

2) Attacking the "common sense" of a generation is derogatory of a group.
  • Justin_7272
    Justin_7272 Posts: 341 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    They are also legally obligated to give you a copy of any contract, signed by both parties.

In most states this would only be true if the non-performing party disputes the validity of the contract, for example if a painter paints my house and I refuse to pay (non-perform), the painter has to prove I am obligated to pay (that he performed his obligation (painted) and I must therefore perform (payment)).

The terms may seem one sided, but it's likely still valid. To invalidate it, it'd have to be so grotesque as to "shock the conscience." Or OP could argue incapacity at signing, but that's pretty difficult to win.

OP stands a much better chance in the court of public opinion than a court of law.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Did you put the $500 on your credit card? Tell the gym you want a refund or are going to dispute this with your credit card company, and report them to the BBB. (Most credit cards will want you to try to work it out with the merchant first.)

If you didn't charge it, tell them you are going to report them to the BBB and give them negative reviews on Yelp and every site you can find.

They will want to keep your $1,500 membership fee, and not have potential customers see your negative reviews online.