Accountability Buddies?

Options
Hey to everyone that may be reading this! I am a 21 year old college student, that has been struggling with my weight for about 6 years. I began my first diet at 15, and lost about 15 lbs before I gained it all back and more. That became quite a trend. I am the queen of the yo-yo, even at my young age. The sad part is, I didn’t need to lose weight back then. I was very healthy, active, and I would love to be that weight now. But the point is, through the years, with each new diet, I’d make so much progress. More each time. But then I always end up falling out of it. My health has reached an unhealthy point. I am not active like I used to be. In a year’s time, due to inactivity, bad eating, and general mental health struggles that come with a hard semester of school, I have gained weight rapidly. I am at the point where I am done. I want SO BADLY to create lasting change, because I cannot gain any more weight this time. My health can not afford it. I am very determined, but I work best when I have others to help. I have other 60 friends on MFP, that I have slowly accumulated since I began in 2014, but most are now inactive. Some have reached mega milestones, and continue to be active, but that is the minority. I would love to be friends. Please add me if you want some extra support. I have many goals, and many milestones I would like to achieve, but I’m starting out small this time. I don’t want to set unrealistic goals and then become discouraged. I want to change my actual lifestyle, slowly, with the hope that I will be able to FINALLY achieve lasting change. I have many fears: going back to school, where health has never been a priority, gaining weight back if I do successfully achieve losing it, and arguably, the worst fear, is hitting my goals, and then transitioning into maintenance. I am a far, far ways away from that, but it has been the one thing, through my 6 off and on years, that I have consistently failed at. I don’t want to fail this time, though. I have a lot to lose if I do. My body deserves better. My health requires a change. Add me if you want to be a part of my journey. I mean it this time. Let’s crush it together, and stick with it for once.

Replies

• Mk2wagn
    Mk2wagn Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Hey there feel free to add me.... happy to help motivate 😀